• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Study: Derrick Brown.

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

It's constant shitting on everyone.

Wow. This is officially THE most ironic post in the history of the internet. The guy who literally only posts to poo on another poster who is willing to actually offer an opinion  typed this and hit "Submit Reply". Incredible lack of self awareness.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wow. This is officially THE most ironic post in the history of the internet. The guy who literally only posts to poo on another poster who is willing to actually offer an opinion  typed this and hit "Submit Reply". Incredible lack of self awareness.

Kettle, meet the pot

4 hours ago, CanePantherHornet said:

All things considered, just having flashes was a disappointment considering how he was supposed to be the best talent in the draft and the most pro ready. He wasn't bad, I just had high expectations.

Besides Aaron Donald, have you ever seen a DT stand out in any game at all?

Think of all the games you have ever watched, and at the end of them, did you ever mention any DT having "one hell of a game"?

It's not really a position that sticks out overwhelmingly through the course of a game.

Its very much so like offensive lineman.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

Think of all the games you have ever watched, and at the end of them, did you ever mention any DT having "one hell of a game"?

It's not really a position that sticks out overwhelmingly through the course of a game.

You could argue that JJ Watt was pretty much a DT as a 3-4 end but you have a point. Maybe Kris Jenkins at times.

10 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

Fletcher Cox. I have seen that dude dominate games before. Not quite as consistently as Donald, though.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

My God dude. Is there any Panther player you are not willing to dis on? Player, FO, Support staff. Is there anyone you like?

Gross was an all time great Panther. And one of the best LT in the league for nearly a decade.

Is this another one of your posts where you are trolling us. Get over it, we didn't draft Fields. Move on dude.

How was what he said wrong? There is zero question he was the best LT the Panthers have ever fielded. There is zero question Gross was a top 10 LT in the NFL for the bulk of his career. But he also isn't a HOF LT either.

We love him because he is OUR great player. That doesn't necessarily mean that the rest of the league sees him that way. 

Another good example of that is Steve Smith. He is my all-time favorite Panther. IMO, he's a first ballot HOFer because he was the best pound for pound WR I have ever seen. But, he may not end up as a first ballot HOF guy because a lot of people don't consider him HOF caliber. I disagree but that's because I am inherently biased about it.

Edited by kungfoodude

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Gotta understand the role of the position and also his stage of development. He was absolutely pro ready in terms of the run game and being physically ready to compete. Everyone knew his pass rush skills needed refinement and since sacks are about the only DL stat the average fan pays attention to, if a DL isn't getting sacks them he's a "disappointment". He's not an Aaron Donald type. Anyone expecting that is going to continue to be disappointed. If all goes well, Brown is going to be Kris Jenkins without the weight issues - a.k.a. arguably the best all-around DT in the league.

Yeah, he was actually a lot better than I thought he would be.  2 sacks and getting pressure was a pleasant surprise considering pass rushing was supposed to be his biggest weakness (from my understanding).  Can’t wait to see what Baby Barack has in store this year.  The dude is STRONG 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Fletcher Cox. I have seen that dude dominate games before. Not quite as consistently as Donald, though.

Cox is a beast, I wanted him in that draft and my best friend’s an Eagles fan so I watch him play when I can.  I kind of feel bad for him because he’d be talked about a lot more if he wasn’t playing at the same time as Donald.  

• Beer 1