• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Study: Derrick Brown.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You like this tactic but it ultimately makes me believe you are a teenager. 

Well darn, I guess I need to look in the mirror. Huh?

What are you, Mr White Knight? Riding to the rescue of the little guy. Admirable.

All seriousness aside. When you say "Don't get emotional" at the end of your posts. Is that not the same? Of course not. It's just you being you.

Or you calling me a teenager. Is that not the same thing?  Now get the last word in so we can put this to rest.

Edited by iamhubby1

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

Well darn, I guess I need to look in the mirror. Huh?

What are you, Mr White Knight? Riding to the rescue of the little guy. Admirable.

All seriousness aside. When you say "Don't get emotional" at the end of your posts. Is that not the same? Of course not. It's just you being you.

Or you calling me a teenager. Is that not the same thing?  Now get the last word in so we can put this to rest.

Settle down, Francis. Quit being so emo.

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So anyway, about that Derrick Brown guy...

Yeah, I think he's basically gonna be prime Kris Jenkins version 2.0 for us. Which is fuging awesome.

Imagine him when he actually has a polished pass rush game.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Imagine him when he actually has a polished pass rush game.

If he improves every year, the sky is the limit for Derrick. You hear folks throwing around the word "Freak". But man, this kid is athletic.

44 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

If he improves every year, the sky is the limit for Derrick. You hear folks throwing around the word "Freak". But man, this kid is athletic.

He isn't really even a super athlete he is just so freakishly strong.

6 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

Especially when you look at all the pass rush talent that was brought in this off season. Nixon, Fox, Jones,  Reddick...

Agreed. I think our defense is going to destroy the opposition this year. I wouldnt be surprized if this is a top 5 defense, though i still think we are missing one orn2 peices. If we are not top 5, we will make up for it with lots of turnovers.

As for the front 7 that you mentioned, more than half of those are guys that would normally draw double teams... you cant double them all. These guys are going tobfeast this year. 

I dont think this is the year we knock off tampa for the top of our division, but i think we will sniff the playoffs this year as long as sam can play decent. Next year i expect us to be the best team in our division and a perennial playoff team. 

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

Besides Aaron Donald, have you ever seen a DT stand out in any game at all?

Think of all the games you have ever watched, and at the end of them, did you ever mention any DT having "one hell of a game"?

It's not really a position that sticks out overwhelmingly through the course of a game.

Its very much so like offensive lineman.

There have been a few standouts of the past 10 or 15 years. A. Donald, G. McCoy, K. Jenkins, w. Sapp etc. I think as long as brown can continue to improve that he can be as good as some of these guys.

He was a special talent coming out of college, and the best defensive player in the 2019 draft. 

6 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Our next Kris Jenkins 

I think Brown can be even better than Kris. Kris was a beast, but he always struggled with his weight and it caused him some problems and injuries. I think that brown is a much better natural athlete, and i thinl his body frame will hold up better than kris did which will give him a longer career hopefully.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He isn't really even a super athlete he is just so freakishly strong.

I don't mean to start anything. But after a quick interwebz search. The first thing that came up under strengths. 

• Elite combination of size, strength and big-man athleticism

I know it aligns with my slant as to athleticism. But it also says strength so you were right too.

If Daquan has his normal type year. The DT position is well stacked.

Someone posted a gif of him on the basketball court. I was actually going off that originally.

Edited by iamhubby1

Posted (edited)

Brown is nowhere near, I mean not close at all, to Kris Jenkins when it comes to rushing the passer. Even if you look this youtube video, at 2:43, the nerdy sounding guy is gushing about Brown doing a great bull rush. It wasn't. Brown did his old college trick of illegally shoving the guards head back to the point of almost snapping his neck or taking off his helmet.

I'm all for seeing Brown playing well and being a great run stuffer for us, but for heavens sake don't compare him to Kris Jenkins, the pass rushing monster.

Edited by pantherj
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I don't mean to start anything. But after a quick interwebz search. The first thing that came up under strengths. 

• Elite combination of size, strength and big-man athleticism

I know it aligns with my slant as to athleticism. But it also says strength so you were right too.

If Daquan has his normal type year. The DT position is well stacked.

Someone posted a gif of him on the basketball court. I was actually going off that originally.

Well, you just don't know how to Google, which isn't super surprising.

Try looking up his RAS. For reference, it's a fair amount lower than Kris Jenkins(who was an above average athlete via that metric). 

He isn't a bad athlete but he is definitely not an elite athlete, especially by NFL standards. But that isn't necessary at his position he just needs to be explosive in short windows.

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, you just don't know how to Google, which isn't super surprising.

Try looking up his RAS. For reference, it's a fair amount lower than Kris Jenkins(who was an above average athlete via that metric). 

He isn't a bad athlete but he is definitely not an elite athlete, especially by NFL standards. But that isn't necessary at his position he just needs to be explosive in short windows.

Yeah Star had like a sub 4 RAS score which is pretty fuging terrible but he is/was an absolute beast for his position. RAS isn’t the end all be all but i think it’s important for certain positions.

• Pie 1