• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Olsen update

Mr. Scot

https://www.wcnc.com/article/sports/nfl/panthers/tj-olsen-heart-donation-match-greg-olsen-panthers-sports/275-6b2f8544-f6a0-4a57-8482-04391a98d7a8

Greg Olsen's son TJ needed a new heart. A donor match has just been found

The former Panthers tight end says this is a major step forward in an already emotional journey for his family.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Nearly two weeks after a former Carolina Panther announced his son may need a new heart, Greg Olsen says his son TJ has been matched to get just that.

In two tweets shared early Friday morning, former Panthers tight end Olsen said a donor match was found for TJ to get a heart transplant. Olsen admitted there were mixed emotions as he and his wife walked his son in for surgery, and asked for prayers for their son and his team of doctors and nurses.

WCNC Charlotte previously reported Olsen's announcement on May 24 that TJ's heart was "reaching its end". TJ was born with congenital heart disease, which has largely spurred the Olsen family's involvement with heart disease nonprofits and with helping launch the opening of a pediatric heart center at Levin Children's Hospital in Charlotte. TJ has seen three open-heart surgeries and lived with a modified heart for his first 8 years of life.

Greg Olsen's son TJ needed a new heart. A donor match has just been found

Edited by KatsAzz

If you have never been in the hospital thinking your child may not survive, trust me, it is the worst and most terrifying fear their is.  It paralyzes you in a cloud of surreal vulnerability and helplessness.  It can only made worse by the heartbreak and devastation that coincides with losing a child, and I hear that rips your heart out of your body forever. 

To any of you who have experienced either, I know a bit about that pain and it returns whenever you share the experience with someone else.  Man I hope this is a happy ending.  When he writes "Day 8,"  trust me, he means much longer than a bit over a week. 

• Pie 6