• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round Two, Game 4

Harbingers

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Yep. Seems to be a trend under Rod. I love the guy but this is slowly becoming like the Bengals with Marvin Lewis. 
Great season that gives the fanbase hope until the playoffs and we choke or are outmatched. 
You are right this season was a waste. 

I'm just upset but I'm really tired of seeing the candy being taken away from us. I can't say he's a bad coach because he's not but he absolutely sucks in the playoffs.

37 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Yep. Seems to be a trend under Rod. I love the guy but this is slowly becoming like the Bengals with Marvin Lewis. 
Great season that gives the fanbase hope until the playoffs and we choke or are outmatched. 

When Ron took over, we weren't supposed to make the playoffs 2 years ago. Last year was supposed to be a big step to make the playoffs and this year was supposed to be a definite. We have overachieved the last 3 seasons, however that doesn't mean Ron also has some improvement to do. If anything, the playoff experience is tremendous for not only him but the core of the team as well.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Tampa is 30m over the cap and the defending champs... that said Mrazek should have been pulled... soft goals over and over.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Tampa is 30m over the cap and the defending champs... that said Mrazek should have been pulled... soft goals over and over.

Again, the whole NHL should give a big fug you to Bettman and the rest of the fools that allowed Tampa Bay to pull this bullsheet.

Mrazek had a good game 3, but he was toast tonight......no help out front either and once that 3rd goal was allowed he was cooked.  Rod has never really been one to pull the goalie so not surprising.

Fugging refs involved in Canes' games need a good beat down for all the games except maybe 1 or 2.  When the bias is this obvious I don't know what you can do except whack the damn puck at their heads and hope you connect.  Just terrible......

Also, Canes haven't helped themselves at all.  Abysmal PK, Svech taking legit penalties, I don't even know if we can call our PP a PP....so disorganized.

Oh well let's see what Game 5 brings.  Really need to take 1 game at a time.

Again, fug the NHL for allowing the salary cap shenanigans of Tampa Bay.

• Flames 3

3 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Again, the whole NHL should give a big fug you to Bettman and the rest of the fools that allowed Tampa Bay to pull this bullsheet.

Mrazek had a good game 3, but he was toast tonight......no help out front either and once that 3rd goal was allowed he was cooked.  Rod has never really been one to pull the goalie so not surprising.

Fugging refs involved in Canes' games need a good beat down for all the games except maybe 1 or 2.  When the bias is this obvious I don't know what you can do except whack the damn puck at their heads and hope you connect.  Just terrible......

Also, Canes haven't helped themselves at all.  Abysmal PK, Svech taking legit penalties, I don't even know if we can call our PP a PP....so disorganized.

Oh well let's see what Game 5 brings.  Really need to take 1 game at a time.

Again, fug the NHL for allowing the salary cap shenanigans of Tampa Bay.

Carolina gets the lead?? Time for a highly questionable boarding call and within 10 seconds a no call for a actual boarding on Aho.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

When Ron took over, we weren't supposed to make the playoffs 2 years ago. Last year was supposed to be a big step to make the playoffs and this year was supposed to be a definite. We have overachieved the last 3 seasons, however that doesn't mean Ron also has some improvement to do. If anything, the playoff experience is tremendous for not only him but the core of the team as well.

Brindamour deserves at least another season. He’s an absolute moron for not pulling Mrazek in this game. The dumbest. But the team has been competitive. The main thing they need is some veterans to bolster the roster. A Cory Perry type signing would have been great this season. If they wanna make a run, sign a few been there done that vets to guide the young guys and steer the ship when things get tough in the playoffs. They don’t have that right now.

I said it before this series. We need to take all goalie decisions away from RBA. He is a great coach! But, he clearly has a blind spot when it comes to the net. 

Mraz should've started games 4 & 5 against NSH. Ned would've been in much better shape for games 1 & 2 against TB. A rested Ned probably pulls out one of the home games. 

We all know the younger Levy doesn't give up 6 tonight. With proper goalie management, we could easily be sitting on a 3-1 lead right now. We have the horses to run with TB!

3 hours ago, Stumpy said:

I said it before this series. We need to take all goalie decisions away from RBA. He is a great coach! But, he clearly has a blind spot when it comes to the net. 

Mraz should've started games 4 & 5 against NSH. Ned would've been in much better shape for games 1 & 2 against TB. A rested Ned probably pulls out one of the home games. 

We all know the younger Levy doesn't give up 6 tonight. With proper goalie management, we could easily be sitting on a 3-1 lead right now. We have the horses to run with TB!

Rod said he doesn’t pick the goalie. Supposedly that decision comes from the goalie room itself. That said he does have the power to pull a goalie but doesn’t. 

4 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Ned was far from the issue in games 1 and 2. It was lack of offense. 

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

You guys are clearly forgetting the pre-Rod era.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

How in four games did we go from a fanbase excited about our team, it's present and future to being a bunch of entitled complainers that want to tear this all to the ground??

I don't know about you guys but I don't want to see the Canes be the Panthers and go back into the cellar with dysfunctional management and overmatched coaches.

Rod is fine. The dude is 120-66-20 to start his career here with three straight playoff appearances. And this is a CRAZY young team. Maybe stay the fuging course and keep making the necessary tweaks to build this into a championship squad. Do you guys see the Caps or Bruins or even Lightning tearing their squads down and firing their coaches? No. And they all choked hard before they won their recent titles. It happens. We will learn from it and just get better.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

How in four games did we go from a fanbase excited about our team, it's present and future to being a bunch of entitled complainers that want to tear this all to the ground??

I don't know about you guys but I don't want to see the Canes be the Panthers and go back into the cellar with dysfunctional management and overmatched coaches.

Rod is fine. The dude is 120-66-20 to start his career here with three straight playoff appearances. And this is a CRAZY young team. Maybe stay the fuging course and keep making the necessary tweaks to build this into a championship squad. Do you guys see the Caps or Bruins or even Lightning tearing their squads down and firing their coaches? No. And they all choked hard before they won their recent titles. It happens. We will learn from it and just get better.

Its worth noting we had awful injury luck at the end of the regular season/post season....

Slavin at 60% 

No Nino (no 2 scorer)

No Trockeck (no 3 scorer) 

Down 3-1 we are now playing with house money Im gonna pull for a miracle one game at a time.

• Beer 3

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Well said, RBA just doesn't pull his goalies when they are having a bad game.  It may be his personal experience that it really just doesn't have any effect on what's going on during or after the bad game so he just says "let it ride."

I am still fully behind RBA and this bunch of jerks and I think we have a great future. 

What I do have a problem with, and what other NHL teams and fan bases should and will have a problem with is once Tampa Bay beats them they will see how fugged over their team was being held to a Salary Cap that was non-existent for the Lightning.  Fug the NHL and Tampa Bay to hell and back for that sheet.

• Flames 2