• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Sunday Ticket’s last season (with DirectTV)

onmyown

5 hours ago, Little Goody Two Shoes said:

I've read it has two years remaining. Eight year contract beginning in 2014 - 2022.

Either way we had DirecTV for years but got tired of the prices always going up. There's got to be a better way.

Balls.

I just read more articles and it appears you’re correct. Some are just outdated I guess.

So if you just want NFL for the next two season you MUST have DTV with:

69.99 x 12 months (first year NFL ticket free)

109.99 x 12 months

+ 300.00 for 2022 season.

= nearing $3,000.00 for two NFL seasons

lol

In 2021/22 are we really in an age where this is necessary? I mean really, this is extreme. This is why people illegally stream it.

Just offer an NFL package to buy and stream instead of a selling point to coax people into an inferior broadcast provider. If it wasn’t inferior, you wouldn’t need to.

4 hours ago, Wes21 said:

You have had the ability to stream NFL Sunday Ticket without having DirecTV for years.  Comcast pissed me off so bad I went to DTV back around 2009.  I had it and Sunday Ticket up thru 2016.  Since then I've been with other providers and stream Sunday Ticket on my iPad and thru my Playstation to my TV.  

Not sure if you moved, but you can ONLY stream NFL ticket without a subscription if you are NOT in an area DirectTV services.

59 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Direct TV sucks.  I ditched them about 8 years ago.  I had the BASIC package and they would go up $10 a year.  So over a period of time I was paying $180 a month just for their most vanilla package with ZERO premium channel upgrades.  I love how some companies reward loyal customers with continuous rate hikes just so they can lure in new customers with introductory offers.  I briefly tried U-verse before cutting the cable altogether and I couldn't be happier without a huge monthly cable/satellite bill!!!

This was why I left Comcast for DirecTV out of spite.  I was paying nearly $200/month for cable and internet thru Comcast.  I dealt with this for 3 years until I finally had enough after talking to people and realizing I was the only one paying that much money for Comcast.  I called and got the worst customer retention manager in history.  He didn't try to help out my bill, he spent over 30 minutes trying to convince me that the deal I was getting was spectacular.  Dude, how stupid do you think I am?

Anyways, after not being able to get that guy to budge I immediately called and ordred DTV.  I waited until the technician from DTV literally confirmed my service was up and running to call Comcast to tell them to kiss my butt.  They forward me to customer retention and the chick gives me a sweet deal to stay.  I told her it was already too late and this was not a negotiation.  Then I explained what happened with my last call about a week prior.  She apologized and said that even as an existing customer they are authorized to give me new customer deals every 6 to 12 months, and she was baffled that a 3 year customer was given the run around.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, joemac said:

I live in Texas now, so am I understanding this correctly - there is not going to be a way to watch Panthers games this year without subbing to DirecTV proper? No individual streaming package like in previous years?

I wish there was a way just to subscribe to individual teams games, like just a Panthers package or NFC South package for like 100 bucks. I’d be all over that.

That is correct, unless you happen to be in an area DirectTV does not service (rare). Then you’d be able to stream it separately.

There is absolutely no legal way for a fan of an out of market team to watch live games without DirectTV.

And it will cost you $3,000 to do so.

Either update your virus protector or get your lube ready.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, onmyown said:

That is correct, unless you happen to be in an area DirectTV does not service (rare). Then you’d be able to stream it separately.

There is absolutely no legal way for a fan of an out of market team to watch live games without DirectTV.

And it will cost you $3,000 to do so.

Either update your virus protector or get your lube ready.

Man, wtf? That’s bullshit…

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, PanthersATL said:

Happy to chat the world of tv business models over in the Huddle Lounge or Nerdvana forums so as not to clog up the Panthers forum with non-football related conversation.

nutshell: Channels aren't going away. How you access them or what they're bundled with is a different story. And think of "bundles" as yesterday's cable-TV packages.

They are definitely going away. How they survive is the biggest story.

12 hours ago, onmyown said:

Not sure if you moved, but you can ONLY stream NFL ticket without a subscription if you are NOT in an area DirectTV services.

Or u can do like I do and pay $100 a season for the student package and stream it that way. I pay my sister $50 to use her college email and sign up that way. If any of you have family or kids or even a friend that goes to a college even online you should be eligible.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 6/5/2021 at 9:25 PM, onmyown said:

Kinda slow around here so perhaps this topic will interest someone.

DirectTVs rights to out of network games are up at the end of this season. ESPN+ is likely getting them and claim they will make it much easier to stream out of market games.

As an out of market fan this is glorious. I’m tired of shady sites of ads, malware, poor quality etc. I just want to watch my Panthers and relax. I don’t mind a reasonable fee (though I think it’s insane the NFL basically punishes and outcasts it’s out of market fans in the name of local marketing and revenue, but that’s another topic).

As of now DirectTV is offering packages starting at $69.99 WITH NFL ticket included. It does not appear at this point you can buy just the NFL pass for $300 like years’ past (gee, I wonder why).

A 24 month agreement is required...yet NFL ticket will only be included this year, not next year. People will be hooked into a year+ extra contract without rights to, let’s face it, the only reason people have DirectTV in the first place.

DirectTV continues their sleazy, fine print, bullshit ways. Many people are saying it will finally die once it loses NFL Sunday Ticket and I say good riddance.

You can get out of Directv contract for like $200 after the first year.   So think of it as, you’re paying $200 to get out of contract, but you’re saving the $300 it would cost to pay for the Sunday ticket that you’re getting for free.

16 hours ago, onmyown said:

Since when?  I live in Charleston and was able to do it a couple of years ago.  My neighbor had directv

5 hours ago, Bigdaddy8523 said:

Or u can do like I do and pay $100 a season for the student package and stream it that way. I pay my sister $50 to use her college email and sign up that way. If any of you have family or kids or even a friend that goes to a college even online you should be eligible.

The first few years I paid full price to stream it but the last couple of years I have done the student thing.  I don't even have to go thru the sign up process again, they automatically renew me.  I just used my regular email though, I didn't use a college email. 

• Flames 1

I just got rid of DTV because I got sick of the price increases every 6-12 months and having to call and argue for an hour+ to get my bill to a "reasonable" rate. I now have YouTube TV so will be interested to see how they do with games. I am in market (SC) for Panther games so hopefully it will be the same experience and no issues.

28 minutes ago, Panthers4real said:

I just got rid of DTV because I got sick of the price increases every 6-12 months and having to call and argue for an hour+ to get my bill to a "reasonable" rate. I now have YouTube TV so will be interested to see how they do with games. I am in market (SC) for Panther games so hopefully it will be the same experience and no issues.

I had YouTube tv last season.  It’s pretty good.  The only way you may have issues is if your internet sucks.  They also offer Redzone for like 10 dollars more a month, so you’ll probably want to add that on in September 

ESPN will have to greatly improve their streaming services. They're hands down the worst out there. I end up watching a lot of their stuff on pirated streams simply because the pirated streams are more reliable and higher quality that the actual ESPN streams. That's hilariously pathetic.