• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Sunday Ticket’s last season (with DirectTV)

onmyown

Kinda slow around here so perhaps this topic will interest someone.

DirectTVs rights to out of network games are up at the end of this season. ESPN+ is likely getting them and claim they will make it much easier to stream out of market games.

As an out of market fan this is glorious. I’m tired of shady sites of ads, malware, poor quality etc. I just want to watch my Panthers and relax. I don’t mind a reasonable fee (though I think it’s insane the NFL basically punishes and outcasts it’s out of market fans in the name of local marketing and revenue, but that’s another topic).

As of now DirectTV is offering packages starting at $69.99 WITH NFL ticket included. It does not appear at this point you can buy just the NFL pass for $300 like years’ past (gee, I wonder why).

A 24 month agreement is required...yet NFL ticket will only be included this year, not next year. People will be hooked into a year+ extra contract without rights to, let’s face it, the only reason people have DirectTV in the first place.

DirectTV continues their sleazy, fine print, bullshit ways. Many people are saying it will finally die once it loses NFL Sunday Ticket and I say good riddance.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 5

I honestly thought direct TV went out of business. Not many people I know still have satetille/cable TV. I might get it next year depending on the cost. I've been streaming mine for years that I'm so used to it.

• Beer 1

Been paying for Dtv’s SundayTicket since ‘04, worth it to me to pay the $! & not have to worry about issues with streaming ….

And I installed a dish at Mom’s house so she had full access & gave legit online access to other family & friends too, money well spent…

but that’s good news, was willing to pay for 1 more year, don’t like paying for it all year for them 20 weeks now…

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Unless you are in rule America without high speed internet who uses Satellite?

Each state (might) have 1 metro area.  The rest?  You guessed it, a bunch of back woods small towns filled with hayseeds like me.  

You are right tho, satellite service is ass-butter.

• Pie 1

I’d shell out $400 a year to just stream all the games without signing up for directTV. I spend way more. Money going to sports bars every Sunday to watch the game ffs. 

Whoever gets the Sunday Ticket is definitely going to allow streaming since it’s how most people watch things anyways. Plus, Amazon and NBC have been doing it successfully for a few years now. 

7 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Direct TV is the worst. we are forced to have it at our restaurant because of Sunday ticket. Can't wait to drop it the day after the regular season ends.

Satellite is so trash. Being in any sports bar with it is frustrating as the signal gets lost when you have more than two clouds in the sky.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I’d shell out $400 a year to just stream all the games without signing up for directTV. I spend way more. Money going to sports bars every Sunday to watch the game ffs. 

Whoever gets the Sunday Ticket is definitely going to allow streaming since it’s how most people watch things anyways. Plus, Amazon and NBC have been doing it successfully for a few years now. 

If you don't allow streaming in the modern era, you will lose advertising revenue and subscribers. 

The days of the majority of people having cable or satellite TV are coming to an end.