• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julio to the Titans

Jesse

I'm thinking there's something wrong here. Julio went a little too cheaply. Missed what, like seven games last year? 

It's fully within reason that a team up against the cap could come to one of its overpaid, injured and/or older stars and says, "Let's work on this together. You aren't the same you were when you signed this contract. Either we can release you and take the immediate hit(s) or maybe you can publicly ask to be traded and maybe we can pass that big contract on to another team that can afford it/you. Win-win, millions of dollars on the table for you." And maybe a smart guy like Julio bets on himself and agrees to make that tweet saying he wants out and starts the pot to boiling. 

Not saying it happened, but it isn't out of the bounds of possibility. Either way, the NFCSouth's DBs can breathe a sigh of relief.

15 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I'm thinking there's something wrong here. Julio went a little too cheaply. Missed what, like seven games last year? 

It's fully within reason that a team up against the cap could come to one of its overpaid, injured and/or older stars and says, "Let's work on this together. You aren't the same you were when you signed this contract. Either we can release you and take the immediate hit(s) or maybe you can publicly ask to be traded and maybe we can pass that big contract on to another team that can afford it/you. Win-win, millions of dollars on the table for you." And maybe a smart guy like Julio bets on himself and agrees to make that tweet saying he wants out and starts the pot to boiling. 

Not saying it happened, but it isn't out of the bounds of possibility. Either way, the NFCSouth's DBs can breathe a sigh of relief.

The wife is like ihat. If she can think it, it could happen. Makes for some entertaining convos I tell ya what.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Peanut Butter said:

Jameis Winston under Payton is going to be a huge problem

I doubt that, Jameis gonna Jameis, that man eats Ws, that’s why he can’t get ‘em…. Ain’t enough JuicyFruit in the world to polish that turd…

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Why would they want him to fake being disgruntled and demand a trade?  That lessens his trade value.

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

As good as Julio Jones is, I think the Falcons made out fairly well.  A second round pick, and cleared up a lot of cap space (from what I read).  

Agreed. A second plus is at least fair compensation for a great but declining receiver who isn't a TD producer. 

• Pie 1