• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julio to the Titans

Jesse

21 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

Jackson will be on Ridley and Horn on Pitts.

2122010677_ScreenShot2021-06-07at10_53_07AM.png.3df45ef53ef2f59a3b0c868bc53a0f7c.png

We are going to put our top corner on a TE?  Id wager we see Horn absolutely erase Ridley.  Jackson/Bouye handle the Gage/Sharpe.  

That leaves Pitts to take on?  uh-huh. Mr Sweet Chinn Music himself.

I think we've got plenty of answers for Matt Ryan's gang of skid marks.

Oh and they have a new center.  Matty Lice loves to fumble snaps and from shotgun.  Interesting note to watch.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

Some details courtesy of Albert Breer...

- The Falcons relationship with Jones had been "strained" for years due to contract disputes

- The Ravens had been interested a while back, but dropped out after drafting a receiver

- Atlanta attempted to trade him during the draft, but nobody wanted to pay the price they were asking

- Just as many people thought, Jones didn't know he was on the air when he was talking to Shannon Sharpe

- A number of teams were interested as the calendar approached June, but interest fizzled in most places

- Despite prior claims, nobody ever actually offered a first round pick

- Also despite some speculation, the Patriots were never interested

- The Titans original offer was a conditional third that could be upgraded to a second, but they ultimately moved up as well as agreeing to take on Jones' pay for this season

Full story here: MMQB for 6/7/21

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

2122010677_ScreenShot2021-06-07at10_53_07AM.png.3df45ef53ef2f59a3b0c868bc53a0f7c.png

We are going to put our top corner on a TE?  Id wager we see Horn absolutely erase Ridley.  Jackson/Bouye handle the Gage/Sharpe.  

That leaves Pitts to take on?  uh-huh. Mr Sweet Chinn Music himself.

I think we've got plenty of answers for Matt Ryan's gang of skid marks.

Oh and they have a new center.  Matty Lice loves to fumble snaps and from shotgun.  Interesting note to watch.

I likey.  This is great news.

tenor.gif

Edited by SBBlue

When the falcons traded up for Jones, I thought they waay overpaid. 100% false, Jones ended up being one of the best WR in NFL history. He had abnormal size and skills for WR, moved like a fast twitchy 5'9 slot but was a real 6'3 230 LBs....He also overcame foot issues that I thought were going end his career in the middle. Hamstring last year and hes on the end of a elite career, still a threat tho.  

20 hours ago, Basbear said:

When the falcons traded up for Jones, I thought they waay overpaid. 100% false, Jones ended up being one of the best WR in NFL history. He had abnormal size and skills for WR, moved like a fast twitchy 5'9 slot but was a real 6'3 230 LBs....He also overcame foot issues that I thought were going end his career in the middle. Hamstring last year and hes on the end of a elite career, still a threat tho.  

He is not a top 10 all time WR. I think that is what the falcons thought they were getting. 

Smitty has more yards and TDs and we dont even know if he is going to the HoF.

Edited by PootieNunu

On 6/6/2021 at 10:45 AM, Trainwreck said:

Y’all heard it first from me. Said it all along, Julio to Tenn. 

The whole world was saying Julio to Tennessee, but you are so wise! You’re like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair!

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

On 6/6/2021 at 1:14 PM, MadHatter said:

A second is good value for a player of his share coming off injuries.

Exactly. The Falcons will receive a 2022 second-round pick and 2023 fourth-rounder. The Titans reportedly will also get a 2023 sixth-round pick in the trade.

10 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Julio Jones is absolutely in the conversation for Top-10 All-Time WR.

That is laughable.  20th all time in yards, tied for 88th all time in receiving TDs. 

He is far from top 10 all time.

Edited by PootieNunu

49 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

That is laughable.  20th all time in yards, tied for 88th all time in receiving TDs. 

He is far from top 10 all time.

18th all time in yards AND HE’S STILL PLAYING AND ELITE.

You can have Henry Ellard, Chris Carter, James Lofton, Tim Brown, Isaac Bruce, etc.  All great careers.  I’ll take Julio Jones.  And again, those guys played a long time...Julio will too.

4 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

18th all time in yards AND HE’S STILL PLAYING AND ELITE.

You can have Henry Ellard, Chris Carter, James Lofton, Tim Brown, Isaac Bruce, etc.  All great careers.  I’ll take Julio Jones.  And again, those guys played a long time...Julio will too.

Julio is already breaking down and he is 32, its not like he has been the poster boy for staying healthy. He has 2-3 years of good production left, not really enough to jump into top 10 all time.

Oh you are taking out the TE's to make him look better?

Are you an undercover Falcons fan?

Edited by PootieNunu