• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Arnold & Tremble Combo: Why it will shine

saX man

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

I just like having more TEs for matchups. I mean we will probably work 3 and 4 WRs a bunch but Arnold and Tremble with CMC is a nice mismatch for defenses.

Yeah that's the nice thing with Tremble.  He can really help on stretch run plays and flank left of Erving at LT.  Could help provide great protection against the lighter edge rusher which are much more abundant these days.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I don't think Tremble will factor much into the passing game. He wasn't really that guy in college, so I don't see that happening at the NFL. Well, at least not initially perhaps in a couple of years. I think Arnold is the guy as our pass threat. 

Tremble is a great blocker, though. I think we might quickly forget the loss of Armah. I didn't like the position we drafted him in but I think he is definitely a day one contributor. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think Tremble will factor much into the passing game. He wasn't really that guy in college, so I don't see that happening at the NFL. Well, at least not initially perhaps in a couple of years. I think Arnold is the guy as our pass threat. 

Tremble is a great blocker, though. I think we might quickly forget the loss of Armah. I didn't like the position we drafted him in but I think he is definitely a day one contributor. 

This is where I think Tremble surprises.  I just have a good feeling about the dude.  I don't believe Rhule picked a TE in the 3rd to just be this adaptable blocker.

• Beer 5

15 minutes ago, saX man said:

This is where I think Tremble surprises.  I just have a good feeling about the dude.  I don't believe Rhule picked a TE in the 3rd to just be this adaptable blocker.

I've seen video from OTAs where he looked smooth, with soft hands, I would say he has a shot at catching some balls this year.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

If he turns into a viable pass catcher, even better.

Yup.  The rookies I'm hesitating with after a greater draft breather are Marshall (he looks awesome but doesn't give the best durability vibes aka Hurns) & Brown.  Also think Brady will be good but may take a minute.   Too many are assuming his immediate floor is a great LG.

Tremble gives me good vibes though.  I'm all in on Horn, Tremble, Taylor, Smith, & our UDFA in Moore.

• Beer 1