• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF says the Panthers have the 31st ranked OL corp in the NFL this year

CanadianCat

48 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I can dig that. Some years you may be a tad more optimistic. While others, not so much. 

For me, last year was about a 2, this tear is a 6. But boyyo, the future looks bright.

Lets just say my fanhood is much more of a healthy hobby now compared to my literal die-hard days.

• Beer 2

26 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

You know I have mixed feelings.  Sometimes what they post makes a lot sense, and sometimes your just like...what?

Mostly if I agree with it, it must be right.    If not I pick it apart.  Like this time. 🙂

Our o-line is not all of sudden the second worst of the league.    

This is part of a greater problem with general sports fans. Just because we disagree with something(article, analysis, statistic, etc) doesn't make it invalid.

We get way too much confirmation bias in here from the posters. It's natural for everyone to have that to an extent but some people are leaning into that a bit much. 

Especially when you see such an overreaction to information the person doesn't like or agree with.

4 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Lets just say my fanhood is much more of a healthy hobby now compared to my literal die-hard days.

Oh yeah. I'm more into the entertainment aspect anymore. Too much going on to waste energy getting all kerfuffled over sports, or a sports board.

Although, there are days every now and then, when Ill get a bit frisky.

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Oh yeah. I'm more into the entertainment aspect anymore. Too much going on to waste energy getting all kerfuffled over sports, or a sports board.

Although, there are days every now and then, when Ill get a bit frisky.

Odd since you post in a perpetual rage at everything. 

You really are a marvel of complete lack of self awareness. Or is this some ironic troll? If so, bravo. 

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Odd since you post in a perpetual rage at everything. 

You really are a marvel of complete lack of self awareness. Or is this some ironic troll? If so, bravo. 

I love it. You just can't help yourself. You keep coming back time after time. Do you truly believe you affect me? lol

You do notice that I don't quote you? But here we are. You continue to return to me like a cat I fed once. lol @ u

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

But here's the point, do you believe our oline where it stands today is the 2nd worst in the league?  

Well, we don’t have an actual set lineup.  And we are projected pretty dang weak where it matters most.  The middle to left side.  It depends who you were to project out there.  Pre 2021 season? I could see some of those projecting pretty dang bad in ranking like this and then you use the stats on some of those guys and then weight the left side more heavily. 

I mean we don’t have a good OL. Joe Brady’s play calling will have to compensate for that most likely.  Like it did last year.    And an elite RB will have to compensate for it.  

Tom Brady had some poo OLs in NE.   They dealt with it and won.   We aren’t doomed just because our OL isn’t where we want it. 

• Beer 1

Best case, Cameron Erving has a career year at tackle, Moton continues to play well, Christensen excels at one of the guard spots, and the other two spots play decent.

Realistically:

Outside of Moton we have a line full of guys that we are hoping play considerable better than recent history would suggest.   Same thing we hoped for when we signed Kalil.  More times than not that is a losing proposition.

One posititive though is I think Brady's system can be somewhat friendly to O-lines.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

This is part of a greater problem with general sports fans. Just because we disagree with something(article, analysis, statistic, etc) doesn't make it invalid.

We get way too much confirmation bias in here from the posters. It's natural for everyone to have that to an extent but some people are leaning into that a bit much. 

Especially when you see such an overreaction to information the person doesn't like or agree with.

Its OK.  Everybody does it.  That's why I joked about it.

It appears you agree with PFF's ranking our Oline as next to last.  

Do you agree with PFF's rating that Christiansen is the best offensive lineman to come out of college football with a 96 PFF?  

Edited by SBBlue

Just now, SBBlue said:

Its OK.  Everybody does it.  That's why I joked about.

It appears you agree with PFF's ranking our Oline as next to last.  

Do you disagree with PFF's rating that Christiansen is the best offensive lineman to come out of college football with a 96 PFF?  

I don't agree or disagree with them ranking us next to last. I understand why they feel that way. That's the big difference, I can see their point of view, whereas you can only see yours.

I don't agree or disagree with their rating of him in college. I personally like PFF but it isn't bulletproof. I am definitely aware that PFF college performances/ratings are not a 1:1 translation with PFF NFL performances. If you look at their data alone, you probably aren't going to see a strong correlation with high PFF college ratings and high NFL PFF ratings. 

Furthermore, they didn't even rank him as their best offensive lineman(or even tackle) in their draft rankings. So, that kind of shows how much stock they even put in their own college ratings to translate to the NFL.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I personally like PFF but it isn't bulletproof.

I agree.

Furthermore, they didn't even rank him as their best offensive lineman(or even tackle) in their draft rankings. So, that kind of shows how much stock they even put in their own college ratings to translate to the NFL.

Yep, sometimes PFF doesn't trust PFF.

5 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I agree.

Yep, sometimes PFF doesn't trust PFF.

Well, even they are aware that college performance isn't always indicative of NFL success. Especially for a smaller school guy like Christensen. He didn't get that rating facing P5 DE's and pass rushers. 

I LOVE non-P5 football but the average player is not as talented. He had an easier road(as did Kyle Wilson).

Edited by kungfoodude