• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper says "no way in hell" he'll build a dome

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

People went to Detroit and Indianapolis. They will go anywhere 

Grudgingly...

The one I went to was in Tampa and I was thrilled to get out of the cold & snow for sunny & warm climes and the beach and golf course, etc...

...Indy or Detroit I would have declined...

...Charlotte definitely better than those 2 but also a wholly inferior substitute for SoCal, Miami, Tampa, New Orleans, etc...

13 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Out of curiosity I was looking at the historical locations of past Super Bowls and ran across this wiki page:  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl

Interesting passage in the attached screenshot...

...can CLT provide this?

7135D5DC-0438-460F-B0AF-9271D4B37BAF.jpeg

I have not been among those advocating for Charlotte to host a Super Bowl.  It has been discussed here.  Those in favor  said we needed a  dome.  NY hosted a SB because of 911. There was a lot of anxiety about the weather. I am  just  saying if Tepper  says no  to a dome...he is  not trying to  attract a SB.  The NFL seems to reward  new stadiums with that.

Edited by ladypanther

Charlotte needs a stadium/entertainment complex similar to the Green Bay Packers...they have a ice skating rink (obv can't do that here, but think of something), a full size fan football field where fans can play catch/kick FG's etc, bunch of shops and restaurants, etc. 

• Pie 1

Well he just torpedoed any future sale of PSLs at BOA .  Who in their right mind will buy these things now that they are going to be obsolete in several years?  That is unless someone has enough money to flush thousands of dollars down the drain for a temporary, non-refundable item. 

• Beer 1

On 6/12/2021 at 8:44 AM, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Not sure if you've done a US tour but I have. I think Charlotte is a really nice city. Prepare to be disappointed if you think Charlotte sucks and I'm not from there so I have no skin in that opinion.

This is a pretty fair assessment of Charlotte. Nice and doesn't suck.

I've had people come down for a game and I have tried to list the must do things in Charlotte and it is tough. But you will still have an enjoyable time.

• Beer 1

On 6/12/2021 at 9:46 AM, Moo Daeng said:

People went to Detroit and Indianapolis. They will go anywhere 

Do people really think of Indianapolis as bad as Detroit? I've been to Indy a ton of times, and Detroit 3 times, and there is no comparison. 

Indy is pretty much most major Midwest cities IMO, and Detroit has some nice areas they've rebuilt surrounded by an utter wasteland of decayed manufacturing. It's really sad too, because you can see all the evidence of it's former glory when you visit. 

• Beer 1