• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seattle Expansion Draft

Anybodyhome

6 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Defensemen:

Canes only have 4 blueliners under contract for the 21-22 season with 40 games played this season or 70 in the past 2 seasons and they have to leave one unprotected:

Slavin, Pesce, Skjei and Jake Gardiner. Jake played but 26 games this season, but played 68 last, so he's eligible to be drafted. I think the team has little choice but to let Jake go to protect Slavin, Pesce and Skjei.

Let Dougie walk, new contracts to Jani, Bean and LaJoie (RFA) and go find a couple FAs.

I'd let skjei go before bean

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Also be interesting to see what Tampa Bay does in the off season. Not a lot of free agents on their roster, so how do they get under the cap with 5 guys making up over half of their cap?

image.png.00ca128e2166f354268f2d7e5d068113.png

image.png.0e678766fae13a8ea9a53ceaa497d51f.png

One of them is going to Seattle. Probably Mcdonagh. 

• Pie 2

On 6/10/2021 at 1:06 PM, Anybodyhome said:

Defensemen:

Canes only have 4 blueliners under contract for the 21-22 season with 40 games played this season or 70 in the past 2 seasons and they have to leave one unprotected:

Slavin, Pesce, Skjei and Jake Gardiner. Jake played but 26 games this season, but played 68 last, so he's eligible to be drafted. I think the team has little choice but to let Jake go to protect Slavin, Pesce and Skjei.

Let Dougie walk, new contracts to Jani, Bean and LaJoie (RFA) and go find a couple FAs.

On 6/10/2021 at 1:10 PM, Anybodyhome said:

Forwards:

Scary situation here. Who are you going to expose (and it has to be 2 of these)?:

Aho, TT, Nino, Staal, Trocheck, Fast, Necas

Staal can't be exposed- he's got a no movement clause.

I'm leaving Gardiner, Nino and Tro exposed if it's up to me; hoping that they choose Jake the Gardiner Snake. 

Sorry man, I like my Jake's with 2 c's and an A on their chest. And Brett, Brady and Paa all play to the important Sara Civian sorority girl demographic originally courted by shirtless Dougie.

20210423_012132.jpg

One of these guys is gonna have to bite the bullet and lose the shirt postgame if Hamilton walks.

Nino or Tro would both hurt to lose. However, both have recent injury histories that might make them unattractive targets. I also believe that both are at or near their ceilings talent wise which makes them less attractive as well. 

b50370c67f8fc03b933d235ec9fa8e01.jpg

Aho, Turbo and El Capitan are too important. And, Fast still has a lot of untapped potential both on the ice and for memes. He might even be a boat!

Edited by Stumpy
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 6/10/2021 at 4:44 PM, Anybodyhome said:

Also be interesting to see what Tampa Bay does in the off season. Not a lot of free agents on their roster, so how do they get under the cap with 5 guys making up over half of their cap?

image.png.00ca128e2166f354268f2d7e5d068113.png

image.png.0e678766fae13a8ea9a53ceaa497d51f.png

No way TB would ever go for it but man would I absolutely love to get ahold of Brayden Point. 

• Pie 2

On 6/16/2021 at 12:31 AM, Rocky Davis said:

You can bet TT will be protected.  He is a core player for us on a terrific contract, no way he is left for Seattle to take.

Yeah well I dont know how much of a core player he has to be. We looked better with him not playing last year.

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Yeah well I dont know how much of a core player he has to be. We looked better with him not playing last year.

TT didn't have his best season last year, but if you think we are better without him I'd like to know who you consider replacing him with and what other winger on this team other than Svech you think is better than he is?

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

TT didn't have his best season last year, but if you think we are better without him I'd like to know who you consider replacing him with and what other winger on this team other than Svech you think is better than he is?

He had an off year for sure. First COVID than almost immediately a lasting concussion. I feel like he was having some personal issues as well from some of his comments post concussion. He still performed admirably. Just maybe not as much on the score sheet. I think it’s good to have another fin on Aho’s line as well. He’s locked down on a good contract for awhile. There’s no reason not to protect him. 

• Pie 2

17 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

Necas is better. Also I like TT....its just i think we can still be good without him. As skilled as he is he lacks a degree of physicality we desperately need.  As much as I like him Id rather move him to keep some of our other players.

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Pie 1

20 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Necas is better. Also I like TT....its just i think we can still be good without him. As skilled as he is he lacks a degree of physicality we desperately need.  As much as I like him Id rather move him to keep some of our other players.

Necas had a better season than Turbo, but I won't say he is better yet.  I hope he becomes better than TT!

Again, TT won't be left unprotected.