• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round Two, Game 5, 6*, 7* - Win or Done.

Harbingers

3 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

The playoff game was in 09. My bad.  The 08 Panthers.  

Actually, come to think of it I was a fan before 01. I watched the Canes when they played at the Greensboro Coliseum.  The truth hurts sometimes.  This team played like losers this series and I'm calling it for what it is. 

Opinions are like azzholes....every one has one!

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Welp, it was an epic season boys and girls. 

I wish it would've lasted a little longer. 

We've got a bright future! 

Cheers man, it’s been a fun ride. @TrevorLaurenceTime22 @Anybodyhome @zacka77ack @Rocky Davis @TheMaulClaw @Popsickle

and the rest of your season long @‘s I can’t remember off the top of my head. 

Canes are going to be serious next season. Ya dougie is gonna be gone if he wants the money is was originally asking for, but that’s about it and we have the extra cash to bring in a few extra top liners. Hopefully we can keep Paa too. That dude plays lights out and could be a mini-Slavin with a little bite. 

It’s been fun gents. 

The storm will be surging on the horizon very soon. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This guy just learned they weren't the Miami Hurricanes tonight..

He's been a fan since the 2003 Hurricanes. Who was your favorite player? Willis McGahee?

Nah, I started watching when Paul Maurice was the coach. Remember the triple overtime game in the Finals against Detroit and the disappointment after we lost that one. Anyway, no need to prove anything to you.  Maybe next year they'll come back with a better roster and some guys who can score against decent goalies.  

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Cheers man, it’s been a fun ride. @TrevorLaurenceTime22 @Anybodyhome @zacka77ack @Rocky Davis @TheMaulClaw @Popsickle

and the rest of your season long @‘s I can’t remember off the top of my head. 

Canes are going to be serious next season. Ya dougie is gonna be gone if he wants the money is was originally asking for, but that’s about it and we have the extra cash to bring in a few extra top liners. Hopefully we can keep Paa too. That dude plays lights out and could be a mini-Slavin with a little bite. 

It’s been fun gents. 

The storm will be surging on the horizon very soon. 

Back at you...I am sure we'll have some off season and draft chatter.  Always like keeping up with the Canes and Panthers.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, zacka77ack said:

Good season. Disappointing end. Hats off to Necas and Ned and the grind from the Taxi Squad.

Svechnikov really, really disappointed down the stretch and looked like a middling 6 player.

He looked like he lost confidence this season hopefully he pulls through it, I think Necas is on the verge of being a real star, Ned finally gives us legit goaltending, This is still a very young team..... 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

Good season. Disappointing end. Hats off to Necas and Ned and the grind from the Taxi Squad.

Svechnikov really, really disappointed down the stretch and looked like a middling 6 player.

I think it’s gonna be a slump year. I honestly chalk most of it to rod trying to over coach him. He’s been coming off a serious leg injury. He’s been stupid with his penalties. A few months off and a good training camp should correct that. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

He looked like he lost confidence this season hopefully he pulls through it, I think Necas is on the verge of being a real star, Ned finally gives us legit goaltending, This is still a very young team..... 

^ better said than I. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

A great season reguarless not the ending we wanted but, our scoring dificulty wasnt surprising even though Nino and Tro returned tonight it was painfully obvious they were at 50% or less, Slavin prob around 65% as bad as the penalties were I do believe we were brought down by very untimely injuries.

We definitely got hit by the injury bug at a bad time and then had to play through a very physical series with Nashville.

Nino and Tro kind of regressed to their baselines as the season wore down.

Svech didn't take as big of a step up as I thought he would.

Aho is a solid player who draws the opponents top checking line every night.

TT was not as solid this year, probably due to his concussions.

Necas I think made strides, but he has to get stronger.  That battle with Maroon behind the net right before Tampa's 2nd goal put his relative strength on display.

Staal had his best year with Carolina IMO.

Marty, McGinn, Lorentz, Paquette, Geekie, Fast, Foegele are what they are:  bottom 6.

Ned surprised me and deserves a chance to be the starting goalie next season.  Maybe Mrazek comes back if things break right, good luck to Reims.

Slavin and Pesce are the heart of the D.  Look forward to seeing them next year.

Skjei had his moments, but he is second pairing at best.  It would be nice to see him more confident on the puck more often.

Hakanpaa is a solid D-Dman.  He is a UFA, but if the price is right bring him back for the 3rd Pairing with

Jake Bean who also needs to hit the weight room.

I'll end on Dougie who had such good season for us his first two years here, but this year and into the playoffs I am just not sure what happened.  Was it his injury?  Was it contract talks?  Was it just Dougie not being in shape and having the motivation needed?  He won't be getting anywhere near $8M with us and I would be surprised if another team would give him that much. 

Off season should be interesting.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1