• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round Two, Game 5, 6*, 7* - Win or Done.

Harbingers

2 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

We definitely got hit by the injury bug at a bad time and then had to play through a very physical series with Nashville.

Nino and Tro kind of regressed to their baselines as the season wore down.

Svech didn't take as big of a step up as I thought he would.

Aho is a solid player who draws the opponents top checking line every night.

TT was not as solid this year, probably due to his concussions.

Necas I think made strides, but he has to get stronger.  That battle with Maroon behind the net right before Tampa's 2nd goal put his relative strength on display.

Staal had his best year with Carolina IMO.

Marty, McGinn, Lorentz, Paquette, Geekie, Fast, Foegele are what they are:  bottom 6.

Ned surprised me and deserves a chance to be the starting goalie next season.  Maybe Mrazek comes back if things break right, good luck to Reims.

Slavin and Pesce are the heart of the D.  Look forward to seeing them next year.

Skjei had his moments, but he is second pairing at best.  It would be nice to see him more confident on the puck more often.

Hakanpaa is a solid D-Dman.  He is a UFA, but if the price is right bring him back for the 3rd Pairing with

Jake Bean who also needs to hit the weight room.

I'll end on Dougie who had such good season for us his first two years here, but this year and into the playoffs I am just not sure what happened.  Was it his injury?  Was it contract talks?  Was it just Dougie not being in shape and having the motivation needed?  He won't be getting anywhere near $8M with us and I would be surprised if another team would give him that much. 

Off season should be interesting.

Nino and Tro both suffered multiple injurys towards the end of the season, Necas drives that line, Svech definatly regressed, TT played what 7 regular season games? We need a legit sniper, we have playmakers in guys like Necas and TT..... We have some extremly good scoring prospects in the pipeline in Jarvis and Suzuki..... Hamilton is who hes always been imo a big soft dman who thinks he is a F.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Nino and Tro both suffered multiple injurys towards the end of the season, Necas drives that line, Svech definatly regressed, TT played what 7 regular season games? We need a legit sniper, we have playmakers in guys like Necas and TT..... We have some extremly good scoring prospects in the pipeline in Jarvis and Suzuki..... Hamilton is who hes always been imo a big soft dman who thinks he is a F.

You know overall I agree with you on Dougie, but he was better on D his first seasons here.  We can attribute it to playing with Slavin to a point, but Dougie went "old school Dougie" this season.

If you recall before his injury last season he was at the very top of the D-man list on both sides of the ice.

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Fug, TB is in the playoffs with $99M roster. Canes played with $79M

They going the way of the blackhawks next season. I have no doubt the Isles or Bruins will kick their ass though. No way they getting to the Habs/Avs/Knights. 

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Even at 5M we are stretching ourselves a little.  If we get the Dougie back from 18-20 then I'd do it.

This Dougie I would only want to give 4M max. 

Frankly I’d give Slavin a pay raise and offer the offside to dougie at 4.5. Just to see if he bites. Trying to think who we could boost on the right side and I’m like there isn’t anyone on the roster, paa is good but he needs to be on a 2-3 line. I really would rather keep Paa than dougie at this point though. Dougie is awesome but he may be the catalyst for change. His future will be if Seattle wants him or not. I would not protect him right now if I was GM, let Seattle poach him and keep Nino AND Tro. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

They going the way of the blackhawks next season. I have no doubt the Isles or Bruins will kick their ass though. No way they getting to the Habs/Avs/Knights. 

The Islanders look downright nasty.....  Also expansion draft my bets on Skjei, I think we will need to push hard in FA to sign a new second D pair as I think DH walks and Pesce goes back to being Slavins shutdown wing man.