• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round Two, Game 5, 6*, 7* - Win or Done.

Harbingers

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

They going the way of the blackhawks next season. I have no doubt the Isles or Bruins will kick their ass though. No way they getting to the Habs/Avs/Knights. 

One can only hope.  No team should be allowed to be over the salary cap and allow players who sat out the entire regular season and parts of the season to play at full strength. 

I hope it is the Islanders they play, but if it is the Bruins I will be pulling for Boston.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

One can only hope.  No team should be allowed to be over the salary cap and allow players who sat out the entire regular season and parts of the season to play at full strength. 

I hope it is the Islanders they play, but if it is the Bruins I will be pulling for Boston.

They played a loophole hard, Stamkos went on LTIR the day of the trade deadline and they had essentialy already clinched because of the short season... Kucherov was healthy for over a month as well..... The NHL will adress it, it was strait bullshit. 

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Frankly I’d give Slavin a pay raise and offer the offside to dougie at 4.5. Just to see if he bites. Trying to think who we could boost on the right side and I’m like there isn’t anyone on the roster, paa is good but he needs to be on a 2-3 line. I really would rather keep Paa than dougie at this point though. Dougie is awesome but he may be the catalyst for change. His future will be if Seattle wants him or not. I would not protect him right now if I was GM, let Seattle poach him and keep Nino AND Tro. 

Unless we sign him we can't protect him if I am thinking correctly, he's a UFA. I am no means an expansion draft expert.

Just now, CanePantherHornet said:

Those back to back double overtimes ended our season. You could just tell that our guys didn't have the same energy after that.

We also got beat by the NHL version of a super team so a lot of people are really overreacting. This team is going to be good for a long time to come.

I agree that Tampa Bay has quite the roster with Point, Stamkos, Kucherov and top it off with Vas.

Then to be able to go out and get Savard because of Stamkos.  It's really insane.

5 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

The Islanders look downright nasty.....  Also expansion draft my bets on Skjei, I think we will need to push hard in FA to sign a new second D pair as I think DH walks and Pesce goes back to being Slavins shutdown wing man.

The islander are my underdog homer. Consider this is an off year for our rivalry. They’ve been slumping and I hate the rangers way more. 

Im basically set for hockey teams though

1) Avs

2) Habs

3) Isles

———

Nah, Pesce has earned his own line. Paa needs to be in the mix. I could see us coaching up and matching Paa with Slavin this upcoming season if Dougie ditches. Pesce and Skjei have been stupid good despite what maybe be said(neither of them were the issue) We need to find someone we can match with beanie. I don’t know who. But someone that can elevate his game. Cause frankly his game dragged Paa down. 

The O just needs to get their poo together. That’s two off seasons in a year they’ve shot the bed in a good goalie serious. Hopefully having a pro up and coming goalie will get their poo right. 

• Beer 1

Let’s keep this place rolling with highlights and off season stuff through the summer and into the fall. Hopefully some of y’all make your way to some Panthers game and/or Roaring Riot tailgates.

See you there!

Edited by zacka77ack
  • Beer 1

Just now, zacka77ack said:

Let’s keep this place rolling with highlights and off season stuff through the summer and into the fall. Hopefully some of y’all make your way to some Panthers game and/or Roaring Riot tailgates.

See you there!

No tailgates or games on the left coast. Q_Q

It looks as if Dougie can be protected or dangled in the expansion draft. 

Interesting times this offseason.

I will say Bean had his moments, but no doubt he needs to get stronger and have a good D-partner.  Keane may push if he really is the prospect that he was touted to be.

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

It looks as if Dougie can be protected or dangled in the expansion draft. 

Interesting times this offseason.

I will say Bean had his moments, but no doubt he needs to get stronger and have a good D-partner.  Keane may push if he really is the prospect that he was touted to be.

He’s a rook. Let’s get him through a camp and a whole season. 

35 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Even at 5M we are stretching ourselves a little.  If we get the Dougie back from 18-20 then I'd do it.

This Dougie I would only want to give 4M max. 

32 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Dougie wants $8M. He'll walk if all the Canes offer is what he's making now.

31 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

His effort was severly lacking at times IMO he wants a 7-8 year deal at 8.5M HARD PASS

30 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

You know overall I agree with you on Dougie, but he was better on D his first seasons here.  We can attribute it to playing with Slavin to a point, but Dougie went "old school Dougie" this season.

If you recall before his injury last season he was at the very top of the D-man list on both sides of the ice.

29 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Hard pass, he also wants 7-8 years if you think hes slow now imagine him at 33-35 that contract would be a roster nuke.

29 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Dougie will be walking faster than he skated this year then.....

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Snake said:

Well I'm not giving up on our coach but there is a pattern forming.

Brind'amour is a great coach. He is off to a historic pace as far as regular season wins go. 

The only negative has been his decisions in net. And to be fair, Rod hasn't exactly had the best goalie situation since he became head coach. A lot of chances to second guess yourself. 

As a player he always trusted his instincts. And, he definitely has the feel for lines and call ups as a coach. But streaky net minders will drive anyone crazy. As a player he always trusted his instincts. And, he definitely has the feel for lines and call ups as a coach. But streaky net minders will drive anyone crazy. 

I think a full season with Ned will ease a lot of RBA's anxieties when it comes to goalie choices.

• Beer 1

Not only do we have a young, talented core to build around and a great front office, we have finally found our goalie. 

The most important position in hockey. Arguably, the most important in all of sports. Only a QB has the kind of impact on a game that a shutdown netminder has. And we found ours. 

He was drafted here. Worked his ass off in training camp year after year. Cut his teeth in CLT. Worked on his craft and won the only professional championship the city of Charlotte has ever seen.

Even with all that, it looked like it might never happen for him in Raleigh. Hell, after passing through waivers, it looked like it might not happen at all. But, Ned is a gamer. Always has been. 

When the bright lights came on, he was ready. When he finally got his shot, he never looked back. Whether he adds the Calder Trophy to his Calder Cup, he's got a bright future in Carolina! 

If you start to think of this season as a disappointment, just remember...

Edited by Stumpy
  • Flames 2