• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round Two, Game 5, 6*, 7* - Win or Done.

Harbingers

13 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Brind'amour is a great coach. He is off to a historic pace as far as regular season wins go. 

The only negative has been his decisions in net. And to be fair, Rod hasn't exactly had the best goalie situation since he became head coach. A lot of chances to second guess yourself. 

As a player he always trusted his instincts. And, he definitely has the feel for lines and call ups as a coach. But streaky net minders will drive anyone crazy. As a player he always trusted his instincts. And, he definitely has the feel for lines and call ups as a coach. But streaky net minders will drive anyone crazy. 

I think a full season with Ned will ease a lot of RBA's anxieties when it comes to goalie choices.

I have a feeling that way too. We are young and have a chance to build on what we have. Still we just can't seem to break the second round. I would like to see us add even more depth next year and that might solve the sloppy play late in the season.

• Beer 2

21 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Cheers man, it’s been a fun ride. @TrevorLaurenceTime22 @Anybodyhome @zacka77ack @Rocky Davis @TheMaulClaw @Popsickle

and the rest of your season long @‘s I can’t remember off the top of my head. 

Canes are going to be serious next season. Ya dougie is gonna be gone if he wants the money is was originally asking for, but that’s about it and we have the extra cash to bring in a few extra top liners. Hopefully we can keep Paa too. That dude plays lights out and could be a mini-Slavin with a little bite. 

It’s been fun gents. 

The storm will be surging on the horizon very soon. 

The ride is just beginning man.  All we need to do is pick up some more physicality, and keep developing our youth.  Short off season this year. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just watching the Bruins play, bouncing back on the road against a very good Islanders team after going down 1-0 early. They have guys like Pastrnak and Marchand who are just lethal snipers. Big time goal scorers. The Hurricanes need a couple more elite scorers. With Ned up and coming and a pretty good defensive backline they could be competing next season with just one more elite scorer

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, hepcat said:

Just watching the Bruins play, bouncing back on the road against a very good Islanders team after going down 1-0 early. They have guys like Pastrnak and Marchand who are just lethal snipers. Big time goal scorers. The Hurricanes need a couple more elite scorers. With Ned up and coming and a pretty good defensive backline they could be competing next season with just one more elite scorer

We have the playmakers, you are correct in the aspect that we need one more truly elite scorers, and Svech getting back on track.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

Boston gone. Tampa will beat NY, lose to LV in the final.

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

I'm pulling for NYI or LV. I've already seen Colorado and Tampa win.

Don’t discount the Habs. I’d put them as a serious underdog but…

• Pie 2

On 6/8/2021 at 9:05 PM, Harbingers said:

And right on time the game is done. 

Bright side? We are going to have an insane roster next year. 

Yes,I think we will have a good team next. Thankfully, there is next year to look forward too.

https://theathletic.com/news/hurricanes-dougie-hamilton-on-lightning-we-lost-to-a-team-18m-over-the-cap/z0dG0hBqAH8n

Hurricanes defenseman Dougie Hamilton had high praise for the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday, but also pointed out how the team that eliminated Carolina in five games in the second round of the playoffs used the salary-cap rules to its advantage.

"We had a great season. We lost to a team that's $18 million over the cap or whatever they are," Hamilton said during exit interviews with the media. "I feel like we played them pretty close."

Hamilton made it clear he wasn't criticizing the league's rules or the Lightning specifically, but added that the situation made him wonder what the Hurricanes could do with extra money to spend on salary.

"I wasn’t knocking the rules or anything. You realize how many weapons they have, and if you think about how many more players you could have with the money, you realize how much deeper you’d be," Hamilton said. "That’s just how it worked out. I know it’s happened with teams in the past, I don’t have a problem with it. You just realize how good that team was."

The Lightning were tight to the salary cap all year, even with 2018-19 Hart Trophy winner Nikita Kucherov spending the regular season on long-term injured reserve following December hip surgery. Kucherov returned for the postseason, where his annual salary of $9.5 million does not impact the Lightning's cap, and leads the NHL with 13 assists and 18 points this postseason.

The NHL's salary cap remained flat at $81.5 million from last season to this season due to the financial impact of the pandemic. It is expected to remain flat or near flat for the "immediate future," commissioner Gary Bettman said in March.

Carolina, which won the Central Division with 80 points in the regular season, opened the playoffs with a series win over the Nashville Predators in six games. The Lightning will face the New York Islanders in Round 3.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1