• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Phil Snow Press Conference

SBBlue

14 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Stop responding to him. 

Seriously.  

It always amazes me how many people think they can either. 1. Out Troll a Troll, or 2. Reason with a Troll. lol

We can say "Don't feed the Trolls", until you're blue in the face. Yet, folks still do it.

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

I got sucked in.. 

lol   No problem at all. Just needed to get that off my chest. BUT...now you know better. Right? Don't make me have to chastise you again. Mkay?

Always remember, "I must not tell lies". No wait. "I must not feed the Trolls." 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

lol   No problem at all. Just needed to get that off my chest. BUT...now you know better. Right? Don't make me have to chastise you again. Mkay?

Always remember, "I must not tell lies". No wait. "I must not feed the Trolls." 

I'm probably never going to learn.

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

It always amazes me how many people think they can either. 1. Out Troll a Troll, or 2. Reason with a Troll. lol

We can say "Don't feed the Trolls", until you're blue in the face. Yet, folks still do it.

Never argue with an idiot. 

1st, ya have to lower yourself to do so. 

Even if you win, you're still retarded. 

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I just had to remind you in the "Shaq" thread. That's two. One more and there will be consequences. Severe consequences I tell ya what.

You know, I spent a little time in the tinderbox yesterday...some threads got moved there.

I think I found the trolls' hidden base.

• Pie 1

On 6/10/2021 at 6:44 AM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I think what makes me happy about this defense is when he said he would have to figure out a way to get all the talent we have on the field.   This tells me that the players we have are good enough to play and most will see playing time.  

IMO he's saying our depth is outstanding. 

If Taylor is a legitimate 2-3r rounder and Pride leverages that speed to take a step up, when AJ returns game 3, we have depth in the secondary.   On the D line, Burns, Fox, Haynes, Roy, Nixon, Brown, Jones, Gross-Matos are all there.   They're not all the same level, but it doesn't appear to have the drop off like years past.  

We did the same thing this year on with the oline, TE, and WR unit.  There appears to a real focus on depth, rather than looking for stars this year.

Edited by SBBlue

On 6/10/2021 at 4:49 PM, CanadianCat said:

holy fugg... stay out of there!!

Went back in today.  Kicked the nest and ran out.    I couldn't help myself, they were attacking our QB.  One called him Mono Man.   Some fans.

In reviewing stats yesterday looking at points for and points against for us and others in the division I noticed the obvious and perhaps the not so obvious.  Obviously you have to score more than you give up and in most every category our defense gave up.more than we produced. So obviously the problem was the offense right? Given we don't play our offense against our defense but other teams defense then how does our offense compare to others teams defenses and you see the issue. NO and TB both has top 10 defenses.  Of course they had top 10 offenses as well. While Atlanta is supposedly bad on defense, points wise they were right next to us.  So how many points can we realistic expect to give up and still win? Obviously the answer is we need to score 1 more point than they score. But given the defenses in our division and on our schedule can we afford to give up 25 points a game and stand a good chance of winning?  Can our offense consistent put up 27 points a game?  Should they have to? I have always said my goal for the team is don't give up more than 21 points and you should be in most games. That would have put up top 5 last year. NO gave up 20.9 and Tampa gave up 21.6 and were both top 10. So while we want our offense to be prolific and score 30 points a game is that realistic? And given that Tampa and NO score 30 points a game on offense and Atlanta scored close to 25 points is it realistic to assume we can hold them to way below their season average. And yes I know Brees retired but I am not writing them off until I see them suck.

I keep seeing the discussion about how we were on both sides of the ball compared to other defenses or offenses on the same side of the ball but wanted to change the conversation to how will our defense compare to the offenses and vice versa.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 1