• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTA tweets....still no Robby

I'm not an insider, but I think it is obvious he wants an extension or to be traded to a team who will give it to him.

It would suck to lose him but at the same time when you are a rebuilding team, getting compensation for a guy who will leave in a year can be very beneficial.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Mage said:

I'm not an insider, but I think it is obvious he wants an extension or to be traded to a team who will give it to him.

It would suck to lose him but at the same time when you are a rebuilding team, getting compensation for a guy who will leave in a year can be very beneficial.

We won’t get anything that significant for him. Julio fetched a 2nd, a 3rd would be best case and we can get that in the form of a comp. The WR room turns into DJ, other Moore, and some rookies/unproven players without him. I think he is needed this year for Marshall and Smith to develop.

• Pie 5

8 minutes ago, Mage said:

Yeah, sure seems that way.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

We won’t get anything that significant for him. Julio fetched a 2nd, a 3rd would be best case and we can get that in the form of a comp. The WR room turns into DJ, other Moore, and some rookies/unproven players without him. I think he is needed this year for Marshall and Smith to develop.

Julio is 32, was hurt last year, and has a fat contract.  

Sanu went for a 2nd round pick.  Now granted that was obviously a dumb move by the Patriots when it happened but I don't think it's unreasonable that a team would trade a 2nd for Robby, especially once injuries happen.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mage said:

Sanu went for a 2nd round pick.  Now granted that was obviously a dumb move by the Patriots when it happened but I don't think it's unreasonable that a team would trade a 2nd for Robby, especially once injuries happen.

A 2nd would be tempting, but damn imagine if DJ pulls a hammy or something… I’d rather let our young guys learn and develop this year instead of relying on Moore and a bunch of rookies. CMC and Arnold would soften the blow if he is traded though…

Can’t even be upset with Robby. 

He will probably not match last seasons production with a new QB, the return of CMC, and the new additions on offense. That might lower a contract he could get on the market next offseason, and it’s pretty obvious the panthers are moving on after this season. 

Give me an extension or trade me, now. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

8 minutes ago, Mage said:

Robby is on the last year of his contract and will want a fat new deal though.

I think a 3rd would likely be a best case scenario.