• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTA tweets....still no Robby

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's hard to catch TDs from a QB who doesn't throw for TDs. Just sayin'.

Not all TD catches have to be inside the five yard line. Sometimes a receiver has to work at it, like Moore and Samuel did.

And it's hard for a nervous QB to throw to a guy who can't/won't break out of coverage.

Truth be told, last year was the first 16 game season Robbie had played in his career. Maybe he was tired.

Edited by Khyber53

Joe Person
@josephperson
·
1m
Donte Jackson missed a bunch of snaps last year with turf toe. But says he feels great this spring physically and did not need offseason surgery on the toe.

David Newton
@DNewtonespn
·
6m
Panthers cornerback Donte Jackson on the secondary with the addition of players such as first-round pick Jaycee Horn. “We can be dominant. We can be dominant.’’

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

If Anderson is smart, he shows up soon, plays his heart out with the idea that anything less than 700 yards and 5 TDs won't get him a guaranteed spot on the next season's team. And if he takes a pot shot tweet at the new QB during the season, then all bets are off. 

NFL careers are way too short for a marginal starter to just blow off OTAs.  

Anderson put together a good season last year- a lot of that was due to how he was used. He also had more opportunities (especially with CMC missing time). He wants an extension now because he may not be worth as much next year. Part of these moves will be credited to Robby's agent. I would be surprised by a holdout and think the Panthers might actually trade him before paying him this year. 

If Robbie can come in and plays this year and plays as well as last year- his market as a FA will be through the roof. The Panthers won't pay that either (but someone else will). If his stats take a step back because he loses touches, then he won't be worth as much next year and the Panthers will try to extend him on the cheap (his value as a FA won't be as much either).

Its all business. Robby wants the team to pay him now because he's worth more now (most likely). The team knows and Robby's agent knows. A holdout with no new deal will lead to Robby eventually coming in without one, and trying to play for a payday next year or him being traded.

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 1

With the new CBA, Robby would be fined a ton more than he previously would’ve if he holds out.  I don’t think he’ll do it.  I also don’t think we’ll extend him right now, so he doesn’t really have much going for him in that regard.  I think he’ll be at mandatory minicamp.  

Any news on Jaycee and why he wasn’t there?  I haven’t seen anything 

Just now, PandaMan said:

With the new CBA, Robby would be fined a ton more than he previously would’ve if he holds out.  I don’t think he’ll do it.  I also don’t think we’ll extend him right now, so he doesn’t really have much going for him in that regard.  I think he’ll be at mandatory minicamp.  

My guess would be because he hasn't signed his rookie contract yet. 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

They asked Rhule about Jaycee multiple times about injury or personal.  Rhule said he's just not here. 

I'm not going to read too much into it.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 1

Panthers coach Matt Rhule showed the team video today of him sounding the siren before Tuesday night’s Hurricanes game. He wanted players to get a feel for what it’s like having a packed house and noise. “The game is still fun because of the fans,’’ quarterback Sam Darnold said.

David Newton
@DNewtonespn
·
22m
The Panthers ran a lot of hurry-up drills today with crowd noise because coach Matt Rhule wanted players to start getting a feel for what it's going to be like with fans in the stands again. And for noise in general. Haven't seen much crowd noise used in OTAs over the years.

33 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Anderson put together a good season last year- a lot of that was due to how he was used. He also had more opportunities (especially with CMC missing time). He wants an extension now because he may not be worth as much next year. Part of these moves will be credited to Robby's agent. I would be surprised by a holdout and think the Panthers might actually trade him before paying him this year. 

If Robbie can come in and plays this year and plays as well as last year- his market as a FA will be through the roof. The Panthers won't pay that either (but someone else will). If his stats take a step back because he loses touches, then he won't be worth as much next year and the Panthers will try to extend him on the cheap (his value as a FA won't be as much either).

Its all business. Robby wants the team to pay him now because he's worth more now (most likely). The team knows and Robby's agent knows. A holdout with no new deal will lead to Robby eventually coming in without one, and trying to play for a payday next year or him being traded.

That's pretty much what I was saying. And the coaching staff and management saw how he played late in the season. Ride out that pretty decent contract Robbie. Show up, do your work, have a good to great year and the world is your oyster. Go diva or go lazy and the marketplace becomes a tough one for you.

• Beer 3