• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTA tweets....still no Robby

Just now, 1usctrojan said:

Unlike you, her IQ is considerably greater than her shoe size.  The youngest is autistic, a great free lance artist that works for Disney and various anime comics.  Both would eat you alive intellectually.

I've got a parrot that would eat him alive intellectually.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 4

7 hours ago, KatsAzz said:
There is also the small matter of Andersons contract to consider, which only has one more year to run and the Panthers might not be in a position to offer Anderson an extension with the likes of Donte Jackson, D.J. Moore, and Taylor Moton needing their own big deals sooner rather than later.

Who is giving a big deal to Donte Jackson?

Even if he performs well this year, I doubt he would get a big deal from us given we just took a corner at #8.  And Jackson on his best day ain't really worth that investment as a #2.  He only comes back on a reasonably priced contract.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, stbugs said:

I know a guy who saw Rhule at 31 flavors last night and he said that they tried to run the 2 minute/goal line offense a lot during practice but Teddy audibled to a run every time so they gave up.

“Winners always want the ball... “

14 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

if you look at the stats (or just watched the games) Robbie's production tailed off last season after week 5

Some stats to prove your point. 

Games 1-5 38 rec. 489 yd  (3 100yd games 1 at 99) 97.8 ypg

Game 6-15 63 rec. 609 yd ( 0 100yd games) 55.36 ypg

It's only 120 yard difference but a 5 game difference.   

Top four receiving games 1,2,4,5.

Though he a 1000 yard year, as you stated, his production was not elite after game 5.  Outside of a 55yd performance against LAC not one game in the final 11 surpassed his production in games 1 thru 5.

Too bad it wasn't just a one year deal.  We could have afforded to keep Samuel.  IMO was far and above a better receiver than Anderson.

Anderson has zero leverage and if he plans on playing in the league in 2022 he better suit up and be ready for minicamps.  If he holds out it will be a huge mistake.  

• Pie 3

15 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Robby had his lowest TD total since his rookie year. There's a reason why Teddy has never thrown for more than 15 TDs. The receivers weren't the problem, it was Teddy. He's too conservative to fit balls into tight spots on the redzone and his arm is too weak to lead guys outside the redzone. The end result is you're not throwing for TDs.

Oh, I agree about Teddy, no question there.

But if you watch the tape, it wasn't like Robbie was wide open in the end zone much either. Bad recipe all around. 

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Some stats to prove your point. 

Games 1-5 38 rec. 489 yd  (3 100yd games 1 at 99) 97.8 ypg

Game 6-15 63 rec. 609 yd ( 0 100yd games) 55.36 ypg

It's only 120 yard difference but a 5 game difference.   

Top four receiving games 1,2,4,5.

Though he a 1000 yard year, as you stated, his production was not elite after game 5.  Outside of a 55yd performance against LAC not one game in the final 11 surpassed his production in games 1 thru 5.

Too bad it wasn't just a one year deal.  We could have afforded to keep Samuel.  IMO was far and above a better receiver than Anderson.

Anderson has zero leverage and if he plans on playing in the league in 2022 he better suit up and be ready for minicamps.  If he holds out it will be a huge mistake.  

That's what my research had shown me, too. I know what I saw on the field, but the stats back up my view that he just wasn't tearing it up out there. Got some success, got covered, just stayed under the blanket. 

Samuel would have been a much, much better keep, but what do you do? Anderson's future really is in his own hands now, unless he hit his peak already.