• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chase Blackburn Presser

Michael G

https://www.panthers.com/video/chase-blackburn-presser-joey-slye-offseason-jj-jansen-thomas-fletcher

We have discussed the possible future competition at Kicke in another thread.. Some other points of Note from Blackburn's Presser:

- David Moore and CJ Saunders are top returners right now. Shi Smith has been hurt so has not had as many reps (especially at PR). Trenton Cannon has took reps as KR. DJ Moore and CMC both still taking reps as returners

- Joe Charlton really improving as a holder. Blackburn hinted at some troubles there for him last year that could have impacted Joey Slye's performance

- JJ versus T-Fletch. Both are playing well. The competition is real. T-Fletch is as good as JJ at snapping but has some setbacks learning protections. It seems about neck and neck now as Fletcher is improving with protection.

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 7
  • Beer 1

I feel like we’ll put Fletcher on the practice squad this year and let JJ ride into the sunset after the season.  I remember seeing somewhere that he wasn’t sure if he wanted to come back, but ended up signing the 1 year deal.  

I’m hoping Shi Smith can be our return guy.  Sucks he’s been hurt, he has a lot of potential. 

• Pie 4

15 minutes ago, Michael G said:

- David Moore and CJ Saunders are top returners right now. Shi Smith has been hurt so has not had as many reps (especially at PR). Trenton Cannon has took reps as KR. DJ Moore and CMC both still taking reps as returners

Apparently Chubba got some reps here too.

tenor.gif

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, PandaMan said:

I feel like we’ll put Fletcher on the practice squad this year and let JJ ride into the sunset after the season.  I remember seeing somewhere that he wasn’t sure if he wanted to come back, but ended up signing the 1 year deal.  

I’m hoping Shi Smith can be our return guy.  Sucks he’s been hurt, he has a lot of potential. 

It's hard to imagine using a PS spot for a snapper, (and there's always a risk of a "Butker part 2" - though presumably demand for snappers isn't as high as for kickers) - but in this instance, I'd agree it might be a good option.  Let Fletcher learn from JJ for a season and let JJ play out his contract.  

I also hope Shi can be our returner. He seems like he could be a weapon for us, something we haven't really had consistently in the return game for awhile.  

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, PandaMan said:

I really doubt he makes it through wavers.

1 hour ago, KB_fan said:

It's hard to imagine using a PS spot for a snapper, (and there's always a risk of a "Butker part 2" - though presumably demand for snappers isn't as high as for kickers) - but in this instance, I'd agree it might be a good option.  Let Fletcher learn from JJ for a season and let JJ play out his contract.  

I also hope Shi can be our returner. He seems like he could be a weapon for us, something we haven't really had consistently in the return game for awhile.  

The Butker horse has been beat to death. He missed 6 xps last season. He is not some great all pro kicker. Is he better than Slye, sure, but its not the end of the world. Let it go.

3 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Epic waste of a 7th round pick. 

Lol

6th. If you are going to draft a long snapper and not use him, try to stash him, and lose him then it is a waste.

Drafting a LS at all is questionable. But certainly if the above happens

LOL

Edited by Moo Daeng