• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles cut Jamie Newman

ncfan

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

What makes you think that JAX will trade a good backup, with starting experience, and on a rookie deal for a 5th or less? 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/jaguars_asking_price_in_gardner_minshew_trade_revealed/s1_12680_35117363

that along with links say the same thing.

I think he worth waaaaaay more, in fact I believe he would beat out Sam Darnold if trade here shortly. Just like when the panthers should have signed Winston for 1 yr 1mill instead of teddy 3yr 63mill, Minshew for a panthers 2021 6th is much better than Darnold for a 2021 2nd and 4th. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Basbear said:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/jaguars_asking_price_in_gardner_minshew_trade_revealed/s1_12680_35117363

that along with links say the same thing.

I think he worth waaaaaay more, in fact I believe he would beat out Sam Darnold if trade here shortly. Just like when the panthers should have signed Winston for 1 yr 1mill instead of teddy 3yr 63mill, Minshew for a panthers 2021 6th is much better than Darnold for a 2021 2nd and 4th. 

I’ll believe that when I see it. That’s selling real low if they do something like that. But it’s JAX so maybe he doesn’t like Urban. Which most people don’t. 

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

I’ll believe that when I see it. That’s selling real low if they do something like that. But it’s JAX so maybe he doesn’t like Urban. Which most people don’t. 

Im sort of shocked, Jerry Flower is as good as anyone for this type of information. Minshew doesnt want to be on a team that doesnt feel hes good enough for starting....I understand both sides, jags had to draft sunshine and Minshew played well enough to get a real chance at starting. It one of those were its best for both sides to part. I think Minshew is better than Darnold right now, in a nano sec Id trade the 6th or 5th or _____ for him. 

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Im sort of shocked, Jerry Flower is as good as anyone for this type of information. Minshew doesnt want to be on a team that doesnt feel hes good enough for starting....I understand both sides, jags had to draft sunshine and Minshew played well enough to get a real chance at starting. It one of those were its best for both sides to part. I think Minshew is better than Darnold right now, in a nano sec Id trade the 6th or 5th or _____ for him. 

I would think almost any team would give a 5th. Just no downside to it. I would have given a 3rd for him over Darnold. 

• Beer 1

Just now, Toomers said:

I would think almost any team would give a 5th. Just no downside to it. I would have given a 3rd for him over Darnold. 

All I can come up with is Jags over played their hands, grossly. Theyve been trying for months and even during the draft, price scared off ALL teams and they made other plans. Now you have teams set at QBs rooms and Jags still have a player who they want to trade/wants to be traded too. Lower the price and try again...

Personally think the panthers would not trade for him in fear that he wins the job. Im sure the panthers called and the price may have been the same cost as the darnold trade. For me Im clearly Minshew >>> Darnold. He reminds me of a better Jake, that can fool you with his legs if needed too.  Someone is spreading bad rumors about Minshew, cause this doesnt make sense.....well most things are like that now..

57 minutes ago, Basbear said:

But many times players are cut not cause of skill or talent, it could hes a jerk, pissed off the wrong person, late to a meeting, fought with a important teammate, gambled, walks around naked too much, smells bad, etc etc. 

I think this is the case.  Everytime he walked into the QB room they greeted him like this:

image.png.3a559e90d9f2c3fa56538499c19b9885.png

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

All I can come up with is Jags over played their hands, grossly. Theyve been trying for months and even during the draft, price scared off ALL teams and they made other plans. Now you have teams set at QBs rooms and Jags still have a player who they want to trade/wants to be traded too. Lower the price and try again...

Personally think the panthers would not trade for him in fear that he wins the job. Im sure the panthers called and the price may have been the same cost as the darnold trade. For me Im clearly Minshew >>> Darnold. He reminds me of a better Jake, that can fool you with his legs if needed too.  Someone is spreading bad rumors about Minshew, cause this doesnt make sense.....well most things are like that now..

If our coaching staff thought Minshew was better than Darnold they would have traded for him instead. Everybody knew Jacksonville was taking Lawrence, to me that says we are not interested in Minshew. 

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If I'm the Jags, I wouldn't trade Minshew for anything less than a 3rd. Good backup QBs are valuable, especially when they're on cheap late round rookie contracts.

Only if you’ve got a really good starter and are a playoff caliber team trying to stay in the hunt. 
If Sam sucks or goes down, I want Will Grier at the helm and a top 5 pick next year, not Teddy or Minshew coming in and stringing together a handful of garbage wins.

Edited by Khaki Lackey

On 6/10/2021 at 5:14 PM, Basbear said:

I doubt the Panthers are "scared" of anything. The moves they've made, particularly regarding QB, with Cam, Teddy, and now Darnold point to trying to improve regardless of what people think. 

As for Minshew being better than Darnold, I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Darnold has always had a higher ceiling. There are things to like about Minshew, if you disect some of the analytics, but he's still not played to a level high enough to make anyone believe that he isn't anything more than a glorified JAG.

• Beer 1