• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Barnwell ranks the Panthers offseason as 7th worst

Peon Awesome

3 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Its a decent evaluation.

But saying that Fitterer didn't try hard enough to trade during the draft just makes you sound dumb. 

Especially when you consider that we had 16 guys valued as 1st round picks.

So as much as the Bears offer being worth the #1 overall pick (I don't agree with that), if it means you have to Draft a guy in 2021 that you don't consider a 1st round talent then it's a bad move.

It why analytics, in a bubble, suck.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

If youre like me and not huge fans of the following big time moves- Elf, Erv(seen where hes already in a red jersey), and ginger cringer. The draft on the first two days and only Marshall I super pumped about....well I can come to a understand with this. Normally CB struggle hardcore as rookies, Slater may have been the better choice....but Horn is a panther and he was the best healthy CB. 

But just getting rid of Herniay gives the panthers a successful off-season. 

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Normally CB struggle hardcore as rookies, 

Yes I know.  I think Horn will be good, but expectations on him... when you consider the wrs in our division...  He's going to take his lumps or get penalized and I just think some people are going to turn on him here some.  

But just getting rid of Herniay gives the panthers a successful off-season. 

Yup.

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

Yes I know.  I think Horn will be good, but expectations on him... when you consider the wrs in our division...  He's going to take his lumps or get penalized and I just think some people are going to turn on him here some.  

Yup.

The thing that hurts my take is Horn already looks like a 5 year pro. His father has been getting him the best coaches since he could walk. Just the best rookie CB last year Jeff Okudah looked like a street UDFA, Tony pride played better..... It just happens with rookie CB, horn does have a decent chance at breaking that tho. I am not putting anything with Horn exceptions-wise. 

Horn does need to practice with oven mitts til he can hold his own....then start with the Sherman slick holding 800 IQ lockdown tech...

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

The thing that hurts my take is Horn already looks like a 5 year pro. His father has been getting him the best coaches since he could walk.

Yeah, I hope and think that will help.  Still he's a corner and rookie or not, corners get burned.  It just comes with the territory.  I didn't get the pick when it happened, I thought maybe Surtain, Slater (hoping for Fields, though I knew that wasn't happening).  It wasn't until I dug a little more, I get it...he has a higher ceiling.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Especially when you consider that we had 16 guys valued as 1st round picks.

So as much as the Bears offer being worth the #1 overall pick (I don't agree with that), if it means you have to Draft a guy in 2021 that you don't consider a 1st round talent then it's a bad move.

Do you think we're a playoff team this year? 

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Yeah, I thought that was dumb. So we refused a Bear’s offer that was enough to move up for Trevor? I know what he means, but like you said, it’s stat rubbish.

29 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Ehh GIF by memecandy

I'm 50/50 myself. In part because the division is in Flux and we were a handful of close games from having a Chance.

But the reason I asked is because if we don't view ourselves as becoming a playoff team putting us in the middle of the. Pack of non contenders doesn't seem too crazy considering we didn't fill our three biggest holes with sure things. 

But yea, I agree the trade conversation is bizarre considering how much we moved around and picked up value later on. 

Like would he have rated our draftas more of a success if we just traded back in the firdt and took a Lineman? 

33 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Yeah, I thought that was dumb. So we refused a Bear’s offer that was enough to move up for Trevor? I know what he means, but like you said, it’s stat rubbish.

Yeah great point. Think about how laughable it would have been if Chicago offered the same package for Lawrence. It doesn't matter if there wasn't as highly touted of a #1 pick; in no universe does the 20th pick, a future 1st and 2 4ths get you the #1 pick. So to say that us not trading with Chicago means we thought Horn was more valuable than a #1 overall pick is absurd. 

• Pie 2