• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donte Jackson starting new year on the right foot

21 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Totally agree.  We are building a good team and as each new year approaches we are going to want to keep those 1st rounders that play well.   Guys that don't show the improvement needed will be replaced with younger cheaper talent (through the draft)

Or better veterans. I am not so anti-veteran that I don't think we should use free agency. 

Eventually we will be a veteran team that can utilize key free agency signings to put us over the top. 

Obviously, that is a few years away.

Average players should not be extended .  That was the problem with Hurney and Rivera . They always played the vet and overpaid them when a younger better player sat on the bench only to get playing time when the vet got hurt .  Rhule allows players to compete . Lets just see how we play with only his second year on the job . We are young but hungry .

8 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

DJ should have a pretty good year this season. With Horn taking away the #1 he should be able to lock down most #2s with his speed. He improved last year.

I concur wholeheartedly. He played within the system, and he actually looked like a for real NFL CB. Considering his foot problems, I'd say he had a really good year last year.

A healthy Donte makes us better. I can dig that.

• Beer 1