• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donte Jackson starting new year on the right foot

7 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Ignore the trash poster. 

Seriously.  

Buuttt thats 20% of the current huddle traffic and would reduce Igos ad money by 12 cents you selfish dolt!!!......

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I was shocked when I saw a decrease in his defending passer rating from 2019 to 2020

A big improvement 

111 down to 78

i always thought he kinda failed the eye test to me minus a few splash plays. A Bengals game and a safety in a Saints game stand out to me but that’s about it. I seem to only remember WRs abusing his lack of physicality and size  

Rudy Giuliani Wow GIF by MOODMAN

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Jackson will have his work cut out for him.  Some don't take his injury as a factor in his performance but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  

If he stays healthy and doesn't reinjure the foot.  Our DB group will be a strength and not a weakness.

This is basically a make it or break it year for Donte. If he doesn't show a reason to keep him around, he isn't likely to see a new contract here.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This is basically a make it or break it year for Donte. If he doesn't show a reason to keep him around, he isn't likely to see a new contract here.

Totally agree.  We are building a good team and as each new year approaches we are going to want to keep those 1st rounders that play well.   Guys that don't show the improvement needed will be replaced with younger cheaper talent (through the draft)

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Totally agree.  We are building a good team and as each new year approaches we are going to want to keep those 1st rounders that play well.   Guys that don't show the improvement needed will be replaced with younger cheaper talent (through the draft)

Or better veterans. I am not so anti-veteran that I don't think we should use free agency. 

Eventually we will be a veteran team that can utilize key free agency signings to put us over the top. 

Obviously, that is a few years away.