• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moton taking snaps at left tackle...

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I always thought it was Ron but when Dave was mentioned I literally pictured him sitting at that press table saying it. Mandela effect. Appreciate the confirmation though. 

I wasn't really sure until I looked it up.

Found it in an old Observer article.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Ace420 said:

Maube by the end if the year, but i doubt the rookies start day one. They will plug in the vets first and bring in Christianson by the mid or end of the year. 

As much as i like deonte, he might not start at all this year. He is raw and needs some development and needs to get into nfl shape.

Brown may be able to be an NFL starter in the right situation and scheme. He still needs to get his weight down to a more reasonable range.

It helps that he was on a very good OL and largely facing overmatched teams in college. He isn't going to have that situation in the NFL, unfortunately.

I actually think Moore has a much better chance of making the team than Brown.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Brown may be able to be an NFL starter in the right situation and scheme. He still needs to get his weight down to a more reasonable range.

It helps that he was on a very good OL and largely facing overmatched teams in college. He isn't going to have that situation in the NFL, unfortunately.

I actually think Moore has a much better chance of making the team than Brown.

I hope both do.  We let I think Larson, Okung, Reed and Schoefield go. 

We'll be letting Little go, probably.   If we drop the fullback, I'd add the extra lineman. 

We have space for both.

• Pie 1

The Panthers are giving Moton reps at left tackle but will it become permanent?

Coaching staffs move players around to different spots on the field which is what several guys are doing right now with the Panthers. The idea is to cross-train players for multiple positions so that they are ready and able to step into a different position if needed.

Starting right tackle Taylor Moton has been taking some reps over on the left side over the last week or so but i will be surprised if they are teetering on the decision of moving him over there full-time.

Of course, it would make sense to have your best pass protector at left tackle to protect the quarterback's blindside but as Rhule noted, it's not necessarily an easy switch unless you've had a high number of reps. Although left and right tackle are both similar, your feet are switched, your drop back foot is your left foot and not your right, and your angles may alter as well. It's something that takes quite a while to get nailed down which is why you rarely see guys able to play both tackle spots.

When asked what would cause the Panthers to move him over to left tackle, Rhule responded: "If he's the best available."

So for now, i am putting my money on either the veteran Cameron Erving or 3rd round pick Brady Christensen to earn that starting job. Trent Scott may also be in the mix as well.