• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTA thoughts and musings - week 3

Zod

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

I dont understand why Ian Thomas can't put it all together yet. Even Ed Dickson stepped up and dropped 175 yards that one time. That was a fun game. Ian makes him look like an all pro.

Maybe he just doesn't have the necessary desire and drive to make it work at the NFL level. Something is missing, that much is certain.

39 minutes ago, frankw said:

I dont understand why Ian Thomas can't put it all together yet. Even Ed Dickson stepped up and dropped 175 yards that one time. That was a fun game. Ian makes him look like an all pro.

Well, to be fair, they literally didn't cover Dickson in that game. I mean, he was streaking down the field wide ass open.

2 hours ago, BlitzMonster said:

No but the Carolina coaching staff sure sees it.  And coaches are a big fraternity who are networked with each other.  So you don't want to have a reputation as a lazy guy or poor worker.   It could affect whether another team takes a chance on you or not.  

Other teams hear about it like we  here did.  When he's cut, they'll call and ask Rhule about him.  It's just a bad play for Thomas.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 1

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

zod has been asked about it numerous times since his initial post and his total avoidance of the subject gives me a uneasy feeling about it overall

One week ago, in his OTA report Zod said this

"Sam Darnold looked as good as any Panthers QB in OTAs I have seen. Throws were mostly good and on target. Not perfect, but they never are at this point in the season. There is a giant drop off between him and the next man up." 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

One week ago, in his OTA report Zod said this

"Sam Darnold looked as good as any Panthers QB in OTAs I have seen. Throws were mostly good and on target. Not perfect, but they never are at this point in the season. There is a giant drop off between him and the next man up." 

Sure but we are talking about his play yesterday

37 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Well obviously between last week and this he's forgotten how to throw a football...

Unlike last week, they’ve been doing a lot of 11 on 11. I’d love to know how he’s doing there.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Madwolf said:

You're not going to glean much about Darnold during OTAs, he's only been in our system for a few weeks. He's going to need most of the summer and pre-season before we really have a good idea of how he'll handle the offense.

The article that was posted earlier today had the most relevant info about Darnold.

The new QB Coach is trying to fix his footwork. That's his big weakness - and it's going to take the entire offseason to sort. Fix that and we've got something special on our hands I feel. 

Edited by OldhamA
  • Pie 1

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Regarding Ian Thomas, Person wrote this yesterday...

Tight end Ian Thomas had what Rhule described as “a tremendous offseason.” But the fourth-year pro from Indiana had a rough start to the team period Wednesday. After Thomas jumped the snap for a false start on the first offensive play, he was pulled from the drill and had to run a penalty lap around the field. Thomas completed it in a deliberate manner that was about the speed of a home run trot. Maybe.

That's...not good 😕

Thomas has enough film to show everyone he's not going to make it. Unfortunately talent can only take you so far.

15 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Regarding Ian Thomas, Person wrote this yesterday...

Tight end Ian Thomas had what Rhule described as “a tremendous offseason.” But the fourth-year pro from Indiana had a rough start to the team period Wednesday. After Thomas jumped the snap for a false start on the first offensive play, he was pulled from the drill and had to run a penalty lap around the field. Thomas completed it in a deliberate manner that was about the speed of a home run trot. Maybe.

That's...not good 😕

They used to call him Super Hot Ian Thomas.   Now that have shortened that to an acronym.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2