• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTA thoughts and musings - week 3

Zod

23 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

So what there are 31 other teams in the league. His spot here is probably gone, but he could try to show some sort of effort if he wants to get picked up by someone else. 

I guess he is ok with being out of the league and is happy with the money he has made already.

My point wasn't that he is giving up - that is actually completely missing my point.  I am saying he might not be giving up he might be moving on - aka going through the motions while his agent finalizes a move. 

He isn't going to show anyone anything in these OTA's....any team that is going to sign an underperforming 4th year TE with 3 years of film isn't going to see something in an OTA that makes them go after him.  The trade won't be for much either way

2 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

My point wasn't that he is giving up - that is actually completely missing my point.  I am saying he might not be giving up he might be moving on - aka going through the motions while his agent finalizes a move. 

He isn't going to show anyone anything in these OTA's....any team that is going to sign an underperforming 4th year TE with 3 years of film isn't going to see something in an OTA that makes them go after him.  The trade won't be for much either way

Trade? I doubt there is any trade for Ian Thomas. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

Trade? I doubt there is any trade for Ian Thomas. 

Of course there is - easily worth a 6th or 7th round pick or more to the right team who saw something the last few years.

Also moving on doesn't necessarily mean trade - these guys don't just assume all is well and then react after they get cut.  Good agents plan for weeks or months just in case if they see concerns or players getting acquired.  If the team has given indication he may be released they would already be on the phone and have solid leads.  Player moves get negotiated for guys all year long - even the "untouchable" guys.....agents and GM's are constantly working on it.

2 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

Of course there is - easily worth a 6th or 7th round pick or more to the right team who saw something the last few years.

Seriously are you his agent?  Cause you're good.

Look.

We are stocked at TE...other teams know that.  He's on the ropes, we can't keep em.  All they have to do is wait if they wanted him.

I'm not saying he's not going to play again.  I'm saying I don't think we COULD trade him.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

Seriously are you his agent?  Cause you're good.

Look.

We are stocked at TE...other teams know that.  He's on the ropes, we can't keep em.  All they have to do is wait if they wanted him.

I'm not saying he's not going to play again.  I'm saying I don't think we COULD trade him.

Just another guy who could not develop. He was hyped up a little coming out of college, but never amounted to anything. He had his chance and did nothing with it. No team is checking to see if we will trade Ian, he will be lucky to stick anywhere once/if he gets released. 

The amount of people that fail to realize a players true value can really be mind boggling. We don't go out and sign a TE and then draft another one if thought Ian could contribute in any real way.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

Just another guy who could not develop. He was hyped up a little coming out of college, but never amounted to anything. He had his chance and did nothing with it. No team is checking to see if we will trade Ian, he will be lucky to stick anywhere once/if he gets released. 

The amount of people that fail to realize a players true value can really be mind boggling. We don't go out and sign a TE and then draft another one if thought Ian could contribute in any real way.

I think part of it was the turmoil on the team, the new playbook, and Covid.  In his presser he talked about how hard it was for him to learn the new scheme without preseason last year...and when I hear about the mental mistakes this year....

If he had been in the same scheme year in and out, I think he would have done better.  But he was behind a healthy Olsen, and only shined when Greg got hurt.

I'm not sure he's done playing, he's probably done playing for us.

3 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I think part of it was the turmoil on the team, the new playbook, and Covid.  In his presser he talked about how hard it was for him to learn the new scheme without preseason last year...and when I hear about the mental mistakes this year....

If he had been in the same scheme year in and out, I think he would have done better.  But he was behind a healthy Olsen, and only shined when Greg got hurt.

I'm not sure he's done playing, he's probably done playing for us.

The entire team had the same handicap, I am leaning more towards he is what he is. Maybe he ends up on someone's practice squad or as a 3rd TE for someone but his days of taking 65% of the offensive snaps are probably done.

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

The entire team had the same handicap, I am leaning more towards he is what he is. Maybe he ends up on someone's practice squad or as a 3rd TE for someone but his days of taking 65% of the offensive snaps are probably done.

Sounds about right.  

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

then maybe zod could simply say that, but ignoring questions about SD play is not a pretty look

Are you seriously upset that Zod hasn't answered your question? You know, he may have a life, and is just busy right now. Or? Maybe he is ignoring you. Only he knows for sure.