• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Loki

CRA

12 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Here comes Kang!

(alligator Loki ftw)

I have my doubts that a TV show will be his debut in the MCU.   Nothing to date from the other shows says the TV shows are going that far.  We will have to see I guess. 

Loved the Throg easter egg too lol.  But yeah, alligator Loki is pretty awesome. 

• Pie 1

SPOILERS

I personally have my eye on old man kermit the frog looking Loki.....still factoring next episode. 

We didn't get the big payoff in WandaVision.  I'm thinking they maintain that here too.  We get the Kang debut later in an actual movie. 

I'm thinking Loki largely just lays out how the the Spider-Man variants will work and are understood and aspects of the multiverse.   Plus, it sets up how Loki stays involved with the timeline our MCU based on. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

SPOILERS

I personally have my eye on old man kermit the frog looking Loki.....still factoring next episode. 

We didn't get the big payoff in WandaVision.  I'm thinking they maintain that here too.  We get the Kang debut later in an actual movie. 

I'm thinking Loki largely just lays out how the the Spider-Man variants will work and are understood and aspects of the multiverse.   Plus, it sets up how Loki stays involved with the timeline our MCU based on. 

Ya, unless they tease him Kang isn’t suppose to show up until the next ant-man and wasp. So I have a hard to believing he’s the ultimate villain here. My moneys still on a Loki variant. 

Kinda disappointed with last nights episode beside all the Loki’s. Really just 99% annoying filler that really didn’t accomplish anything and the little bit of character building they tried to do fell flat to me. This is why I tend to not watch shows until the whole season is out. 

18 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Ya, unless they tease him Kang isn’t suppose to show up until the next ant-man and wasp. So I have a hard to believing he’s the ultimate villain here. My moneys still on a Loki variant. 

Kinda disappointed with last nights episode beside all the Loki’s. Really just 99% annoying filler that really didn’t accomplish anything and the little bit of character building they tried to do fell flat to me. This is why I tend to not watch shows until the whole season is out. 

the old man Loki just stood out to me.  The whole line about his illusion being so great and grand that it fooled Thanos into thinking he killed him.  At first, I was like......is that what happened with our Loki.  Was that what they were going for? To have us think about that.   

But then later on he had a line about not wanting to leave despite the option.  And then pulled off another super grand illusion where we are to believe he died. 

So I think Kang could be loosely alluded to.   But I think old man Loki will be the guy in the castle/house.   

Having it be Kang would suck, as the whole season whould be a pointless waste just to set him up as the baddie for a movie. Having it not be Kang also sucks, as this short AF season would be over with next to no build up or deep character dive for the man behind the curtain. Oh, it's Old Man Loki? Cool ... he was great ... in his one episode. Neat, he's behind it. Now they are going to beat him. Series over!

Meh.

I think Lady Loki is Enchantress and she has in fact enchanted Loki into falling in love with her. What better way to get a narcissist like Loki to finally fall in love with someone than to offer up a female version of himself? I think the motivations they've given her in this series are what ultimately drive her to choose revenge/chaos over love with Loki. Remember how she only had a short pause when he was 'pruned' last episode and was composed enough not to kill Ravonna, instead sparing her for interrogation? You don't react that way if the one person you love most in the universe has just been murdered. I think they finally destroy/overtake whoever(not Kang) is in the castle, and she's successful in creating the multiverse, which will set up the Dr. Strange and Spiderman movies coming out in the next 12 months. 

When I was a kid, I always thought it would be great for my favorite comic book characters to be in good movies and have lots of great crossovers like they do in the actual comic books, but this Disney brand corporate synergy is fuging exhausting. 

4 hours ago, Panther'sBigD said:

I think Lady Loki is Enchantress and she has in fact enchanted Loki into falling in love with her. What better way to get a narcissist like Loki to finally fall in love with someone than to offer up a female version of himself? I think the motivations they've given her in this series are what ultimately drive her to choose revenge/chaos over love with Loki. Remember how she only had a short pause when he was 'pruned' last episode and was composed enough not to kill Ravonna, instead sparing her for interrogation? You don't react that way if the one person you love most in the universe has just been murdered. I think they finally destroy/overtake whoever(not Kang) is in the castle, and she's successful in creating the multiverse, which will set up the Dr. Strange and Spiderman movies coming out in the next 12 months. 

When I was a kid, I always thought it would be great for my favorite comic book characters to be in good movies and have lots of great crossovers like they do in the actual comic books, but this Disney brand corporate synergy is fuging exhausting. 

SPOILERS/MY BAD GUESS

I think Lady Loki is the MCU's unique version of Enchantress.  I am not buying the romance though. 

and I think she will betray our Loki once they get to the castle and reach some sort final decision moment after they meet old man/classic Loki at the end.  Our Loki has been enchanted ever since that scene he claimed it wouldn't work...and then started to "fall" for her.  She needed help to get to the end.   And they make sure you are pondering the betrayal angle potentially coming from Loki....instead of Sylvie as we enter the finale episode.  

Our Loki in the end loses.   That's what Loki's do.  A steady theme they have repeated.  He gets betrayed.   He takes an L.  But the other theme is Loki's survive.  So he will find a different way out of there than the route Sylvie takes.   His route out will keep him in play with our MCU. 

I think the TV shows largely are just bonus material and fleshing out characters that don't get it in the movies.   They will give us additional insight and some bonus knowledge when the movies hit the multiverse/variants and other plots.....but Marvel isn't going to want the TV shows to be required info for the actual story.  I do think who they meet at the end will hint at a lot of what is coming....but we don't get the real payoff. 

3 hours ago, CRA said:

SPOILERS/MY BAD GUESS

I think Lady Loki is the MCU's unique version of Enchantress.  I am not buying the romance though. 

and I think she will betray our Loki once they get to the castle and reach some sort final decision moment after they meet old man/classic Loki at the end.  Our Loki has been enchanted ever since that scene he claimed it wouldn't work...and then started to "fall" for her.  She needed help to get to the end.   And they make sure you are pondering the betrayal angle potentially coming from Loki....instead of Sylvie as we enter the finale episode.  

Our Loki in the end loses.   That's what Loki's do.  A steady theme they have repeated.  He gets betrayed.   He takes an L.  But the other theme is Loki's survive.  So he will find a different way out of there than the route Sylvie takes.   His route out will keep him in play with our MCU. 

I think the TV shows largely are just bonus material and fleshing out characters that don't get it in the movies.   They will give us additional insight and some bonus knowledge when the movies hit the multiverse/variants and other plots.....but Marvel isn't going to want the TV shows to be required info for the actual story.  I do think who they meet at the end will hint at a lot of what is coming....but we don't get the real payoff. 

Don’t forget too Loki is suppose to have a second season according to the rumor mill and hints MCU execs have dropped. Honestly, it’d be dumb not to do a second season with the viewership it’s pulling in. We know Loki is suppose to be in doctor strange. I wouldn’t be surprised though if a second series of the show doesn’t follow Sylvia more though.