• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold Presser

SBBlue

8 hours ago, SBBlue said:

Hey, I didn't know that.  Not sure why he says it reminds him of home.  Maybe he's just being nice.

No worries.

All the Jets & Giants facilities are in New Jersey and I really don't remember any of their players who actually lived in New York City (Manhattan) proper on a full-time basis.  I'm sure there were some but can't think of any right now.

Eli Manning did live in Hoboken (directly across the Hudson River from Chelsea/W. Village) for pretty much all of his tenure with Giants (Danny Dimes lives there now)...

...that's kind of a watered down version city living.

Most folks who have never been there think of the NJ Turnpike/Snooki & J-Wow/Atlantic City when they think of "Jersey" but towns like Chatham (where Mr. Tepper raised his family) and Morristown (both in Morris County) are idyllic and incredibly beautiful. 

A ton of incredible and historically significant golf courses in NJ too!

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, 1usctrojan said:

For anyone whose family has not lived in California over 100 years, and not bilingual and bicultural….you’re an outsider/foreigner.  That’s what some of us think. 😎

In New York City the yardstick is either 10-years, or 3 generations...

...take your pick 😎

9 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

No idea, maybe it does remind him of home, but I dont know in what way. The question might have needed a follow up, like in what way does Charlotte remind you of your hometown?

Maybe he means it feels like family.  The people he's met and interacted with make it feel like home.  Just a nice warm comfortable feeling that he's not felt since he was home.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Maybe he means it feels like family.  The people he's met and interacted with make it feel like home.  Just a nice warm comfortable feeling that he's not felt since he was home.

I think that makes a lot of sense and it could be what Sam meant.

• Pie 1