• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donte Jackson Presser

SBBlue

Link:https://www.panthers.com/video/donte-jackson-feeling-physically-good-in-2021

Much better this year actually getting out there doing the schemes

Everybody is fighting hard to be one of the top defenses in the league

We have the IQs, the physicality, we have the speed and with this front 7
The talent level is there.  We can be dominant.

AJ can play any position in the secondary at a high level.  He's been in a lot of big time situations. He's good to have in the room to pick his brain. He is the ultimate pro.

Reddick is definitely here to work.

The D is excited with the new pieces working to be a complete defense

Horn is ready and dialed in.  He is "as advertised"  He's eager to learn.

Coach Rhule is big on rookies aren't rookies. He's not going to treat a rookie like a rookie.

I only have to prove myself to me.  Coach Rhule is big on that.

I'm focusing on my hands, my feet and my eyes, catching my errors before coach.

Just rested the foot, no toe surgery

I don't too much think about contract.  I trust in God's plan for me.

Getting Terrace Marshal was huge, great getting more Tiger blood in here.

(Now that I've watched a few of these I'm beginning to think that only Alana Getzenberg should be allowed to ask questions.... but I've only watched a couple now soo.)

• Pie 8

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

He's on a 1 year small contract. If he balls out this year he will more than double his earnings.. so yeah I would be there to work too!!

I forgot about that.   There's no motivation like a 1 yr.  

It sounds like DJ has bought into Rhule and Snow's 'process.' That's 180 degree change from those Hard Knocks clips where he basically blew off the entire secondary group's counsel. Super excited to see what he can do with better focus and consistency. He really is one of our most exciting players. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

It sounds like DJ has bought into Rhule and Snow's 'process.' That's 180 degree change from those Hard Knocks clips where he basically blew off the entire secondary group's counsel. Super excited to see what he can do with better focus and consistency. He really is one of our most exciting players. 

Yes.  I remember watching that again the following season, and all those guys riding his ass were gone.    Donte has been riding this wave of crap for years now.

I hope this year he gets closer to his full potential.  I think, now with the incoming help and Snow, he can.

Edited by SBBlue

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I love this. 

Yeah, me too.  it just feels like he'd be a great coach to play for.

BTW

You've got an opinion. Awesome because we don't have enough of those.

I couldn't respond, but this was ****** hilarious.  Thanks for moderating.

• Beer 1

Two things that struck me.  DJ really seems more together.  I don't know if its an age or expereience thing, but he appears to be in a good place.

The other his his comment that Horn is as advertised  I'm guessing the rookie must have impressed.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Don’t want to be a downer but there have been plenty of cases where guys at the end of their contract/before release that talk a good game like they get it now and will do better. Proof is in the pudding so to speak. Hopefully, the light turned on but we won’t know from pressers.

True.  I would add Donte did look pretty good last year.  As Snow said, 3 ints in 400 snaps is a very high ints rate.  If he stays healthy....  I really think these coaches know how to nurture talent better. 

Edited by SBBlue

On 6/10/2021 at 9:10 AM, SBBlue said:

Link:https://www.panthers.com/video/donte-jackson-feeling-physically-good-in-2021

Much better this year actually getting out there doing the schemes

Everybody is fighting hard to be one of the top defenses in the league

We have the IQs, the physicality, we have the speed and with this front 7
The talent level is there.  We can be dominant.

AJ can play any position in the secondary at a high level.  He's been in a lot of big time situations. He's good to have in the room to pick his brain. He is the ultimate pro.

Reddick is definitely here to work.

The D is excited with the new pieces working to be a complete defense

Horn is ready and dialed in.  He is "as advertised"  He's eager to learn.

Coach Rhule is big on rookies aren't rookies. He's not going to treat a rookie like a rookie.

I only have to prove myself to me.  Coach Rhule is big on that.

I'm focusing on my hands, my feet and my eyes, catching my errors before coach.

Just rested the foot, no toe surgery

I don't too much think about contract.  I trust in God's plan for me.

Getting Terrace Marshal was huge, great getting more Tiger blood in here.

(Now that I've watched a few of these I'm beginning to think that only Alana Getzenberg should be allowed to ask questions.... but I've only watched a couple now soo.)

Biggest lesson here is that Alana Getzenberg wont be long for the Charlotte Observer, she going national if history is anything to learn from.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, thunderraiden said:

Biggest lesson here is that Alana Getzenberg wont be long for the Charlotte Observer, she going national if history is anything to learn from.

As long as they assign her to the panthers because her questions led to some the best answers.

Unlike some of the reporters, I think she actually likes football.

7 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

She is going to follow Jourdan in short order and we will still be stuck with the brain dead David Newton.

• Flames 1