• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers LB Shaq Thompson Bulks Up

KatsAzz

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I already admitted he is over-paid. If you can look past that, the kid can play. I can't convince you otherwise, and I know that. All I am saying is, the kid is better than most folks give him credit for. It's not his fault he is over-paid.

Also, his contract for this year is about what he deserves. So he isn't over-paid yet. But if they can't do something about his future money. Then yeah, he will be over-paid.

Yeah, he's not bad. He's just not a difference maker. Plug him into a good D and you still have a good D. Same with an average D. Same with a bad D. He won't create a problem but he also won't help elevate a unit. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

I don't want to see anymore restructures for him. Replace him get the dead cap out of the way. We dont want an aging average LB when the team is ready to compete. Either ride it out and take the stupid cap hit or cut him and take the dead money cap hit.

Either way its time to hit the door.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, he's not bad. He's just not a difference maker. Plug him into a good D and you still have a good D. Same with an average D. Same with a bad D. He won't create a problem but he also won't help elevate a unit. 

See, IMO, he is still the best LB on our team. He can cover, he can tackle, he can hit, and he can run. The kid can play.

You guys? It seems you are not feeling it. Hey, no sweat. 

And I do admit that contract is a killer. Gone be interesting to see this work out? It really is going to be difficult keeping him on the team next year.

6 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

It's very difficult to take you seriously when  you can even accurately describe a player. 

Its not hard to describe a off-ball average LB that has cap hits of 8m,18m and 19m respectively.  He is not Luke or TD.  He has 4 forced fumbles and 1 int in his career. What part of that is worth those cap numbers?

I know he is a favorite of some for some unknown reason other than he has been here a long time. 

Edited by PootieNunu

16 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

See, IMO, he is still the best LB on our team. He can cover, he can tackle, he can hit, and he can run. The kid can play.

You guys? It seems you are not feeling it. Hey, no sweat. 

And I do admit that contract is a killer. Gone be interesting to see this work out? It really is going to be difficult keeping him on the team next year.

Yeah, he's our best LB (if we're officially considering Chinn a safety now) but LB isn't a strength of ours either. Honestly, that's why Shaq is here with that contract. Luke retired and Hurney panicked. Then he restructured an already bad contract and made it worse. Classic Hurney.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Its not hard to describe a off-ball average LB that has cap hits of 8m,18m and 19m respectively.  He is not Luke or TD.  He has 4 forced fumbles and 1 int in his career. What part of that is worth those cap numbers?

I know he is a favorite of some for some unknown reason other than he has been here a long time. 

So, you aren't a fan of Shaq. That's fine. I however, am still behind him. At least for one more year. Then we'll see what happens,

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, he's our best LB (if we're officially considering Chinn a safety now) but LB isn't a strength of ours either. Honestly, that's why Shaq is here with that contract. Luke retired and Hurney panicked. Then he restructured an already bad contract and made it worse. Classic Hurney.

You just had to throw that in huh? lol Other than that, I concur with that statement.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's reality. Being our best LB isn't saying much. It's easily our weakest positional group on D with Chinn at safety. 

I was just pointing it out. We already knew you weren't to high on Shaq. So you could have left that negative part out. You don't have to be negative in every post. (Like the post you just made. lol)

Also,  there are only 3 units, some unit has to be the worse. 

Edited by iamhubby1

15 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I was just pointing it out. We already knew you weren't to high on Shaq. So you could have left that negative part out. You don't have to be negative in every post. (Like the post you just made. lol)

Also,  there are only 3 units, some unit has to be the worse. 

Every roster has strengths and weaknesses. Acknowledging that isn't being negative.

I know that us Panther fans have been spoiled with a long history of some of the best linebacker groups throttle history of the franchise.  I get it. 

No, Shaq is Luke. He's not Davis. 

Very few through the league can even say they can get close to the same level as them. 

Being spoiled means, when we don't have the absolute best, folks like to cry that what we have is weak sauce. 

Shaw is still an above average LB.  Anybody whom says he's average,  either doesn't know what average looks like, or is just outright lying to themselves. 

He is our best linebacker.  

Perryman is a major upgrade at MLB.  While he is no Luke, he dramatically improves our group. 

Stop insulting Shaq by comparing him with linebackers that shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread. 

Wow. Just wow. 

I get it, nobody Luke's his contract.  Not his fault. Stop hating him for getting paid. That's the game. If ya don't like it, Stop watching. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I know that us Panther fans have been spoiled with a long history of some of the best linebacker groups throttle history of the franchise.  I get it. 

No, Shaq is Luke. He's not Davis. 

Very few through the league can even say they can get close to the same level as them. 

Being spoiled means, when we don't have the absolute best, folks like to cry that what we have is weak sauce. 

Shaw is still an above average LB.  Anybody whom says he's average,  either doesn't know what average looks like, or is just outright lying to themselves. 

He is our best linebacker.  

Perryman is a major upgrade at MLB.  While he is no Luke, he dramatically improves our group. 

Stop insulting Shaq by comparing him with linebackers that shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread. 

Wow. Just wow. 

I get it, nobody Luke's his contract.  Not his fault. Stop hating him for getting paid. That's the game. If ya don't like it, Stop watching. 

Go look at James Anderson's best seasons. Basically Shaq. It wasn't an insult. Anderson at his best was a decent starting LB. Like Shaq.

14 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

For a linebacker it is. Remmeber most LBers are lined up against TEs and RBs. Those are easy routes. He grades above average in pass coverage compared to the rest of the league.

That's not good for a linebacker. Targeting mismatches against LBs is becoming the trend more and more - it's why Chinn was basically a LB for us last year because we already had two liabilities in Shaq and DEFINITELY in Whitehead -- and Shaq is Just Solid enough against the run and tackling that it's acceptable.

He's Eric Reid 2.0. He still tries to react to pass plays right when they happen instead of identifying the route concepts he's going against. 

• Beer 2