• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB coach Sean Ryan presser: Sam Darnold has the arm, now they're working on feet

SBBlue

1 hour ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

How do you view PJ n Will, is it a competition between the two of them???

Sean Ryan response " yeah, I view them like the rest of these 90 guys, it's all a competition, it's competition for all of us.*

Competition??? Really for all the guys, you don't say...well some may think that's just stupid but hey what do I know.

There is competition between Grier and PJ, but there is "competition" between all 3 QBs.

The reality is, Sam is the starter. He's the guy. It's not really a question and its not up for debate. The other two QBs are in a race for 2nd place.  

• Pie 2

14 hours ago, rayzor said:

Just in case someone is too lazy and jumps to conclusions, Sean Ryan says with every QB he coaches he always starts with the feet and works his way up. It's not specific for Darnold. 

Sounds like he would have been a good fit for the Panthers 10 years ago...

Edited by SizzleBuzz

1 hour ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

How do you deem broccoli fart noises as favorable?

If you have ever felt bloated and gassy, letting it out is favorable compared to holding it in... or, so I’ve been told.  And broccoli is good for you.  Eat your broccoli.

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’m not sure he has the “football IQ” but we’ll see. Everything from the Jets points to no. 

it was the jets, though, and his coach was adam gase. not exactly the best situation to se what a QB has or doesn't have going on. coaches seem to think he has it. 

9 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I’m not sure he has the “football IQ” but we’ll see. Everything from the Jets points to no. 

8 hours ago, rayzor said:

it was the jets, though, and his coach was adam gase. not exactly the best situation to se what a QB has or doesn't have going on. coaches seem to think he has it. 

In the Shades Robby interview he really threw shade on the jets and how bad the organization was, how they focused on "everything but winning."  And I have another thread listing how the jets sucked in EVERY phase of the game.

I've watched a bunch of QB studies on him and they all say the same thing, he had no time, was hit often when he threw, the receivers weren't getting open, they dropped the ball a lot and quit their routes and  they had no run game soooo...he had to try to force things. 

The reviewers said things like "If he didn't make that throw, when was he supposed to throw because that is as good as it got".

Everyone played man on the jets because the receivers were so slow and sucked.  Which allowed them to send pressure, which they did.

It actually amazing that he didn't have more ints.

On 6/11/2021 at 11:38 AM, OldhamA said:

You're looking for something that isn't there.

They're rebuilding his confidence and his mechanics. Don't expect miracle results in Minicamp.

nah they did the same thing with teddy, put out all this good pr about teddy's iq and him "protecting the ball" and this and that. like i say, we won't know anything until the season starts.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Tinamedina said:

nah they did the same thing with teddy, put out all this good pr about teddy's iq and him "protecting the ball" and this and that. like i say, we won't know anything until the season starts.

Yep. All these discussions are academic until the reps mean something. 

We aren't going to know anything about Darnold until we see him in the actual games. I will make this semi-hyperbolic statement, if he doesn't come out of the gates swinging against his old team in Game 1.....I don't think that will bode well for the future. 

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, Tinamedina said:

So are we calling Ryan a liar then when he says he's working with Sam on his footwork?  

I mean...going by what you just said, it's all PR, right?  🤨

On 6/14/2021 at 11:33 AM, glenwo2 said:

So are we calling Ryan a liar then when he says he's working with Sam on his footwork?  

I mean...going by what you just said, it's all PR, right?  🤨

Yeah it all is pr mostly. but what I mean is we cant expect them to tell us everything that's really going on, especially whatever flaws same darnold may or may not have. We have to wait until the game starts.