• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top Offensive Play Callers

SBBlue

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That depends on whether you're talking about regular season or postseason, and whether you're talking about the past or the present.

Reid has always been brilliant in the regular season but his teams tended to fold in the playoffs. That changed last year.

Now some might argue that it went back to normal this year but I don't blame Reid for the Super Bowl loss because his team was banged up.

Competition was also tougher in the postseason.    Tougher opponents make you pay more for bad playcalling. 

Andy was pretty consistent in Philly with his bad habit of abandoning the run.....   and it was consistent theme and discussion while he was in Philly.  

Probably helps to pair a play caller with Reid's habits with a freakshow at QB.    

27 minutes ago, CRA said:

Competition was also tougher in the postseason.    Tougher opponents make you pay more for bad playcalling. 

Andy was pretty consistent in Philly with his bad habit of abandoning the run.....   and it was consistent theme and discussion while he was in Philly.  

McNabb wasn't a freakshow?

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not so sure about Greg Roman.

I actually think he's under-rated as an OC. He's had dog water to work with and routinely turned it into a playoff caliber offense.

He made Kaep into a good QB, and he's produced with Lamar Jackson, Mark Andrews, and a bunch of guys you wouldn't recognize if they put them on the back of a milk carton and passed them out at games for free. Heck, he made Ingram fart out another worthy season after it looked like he was falling apart.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Brian Westbrook

LeSean McCoy

They defined Andy Reid's style of play for the RB position. Both were considered Pro-Bowl caliber players under Reid and dynamic playmakers who could get it done on the ground, or catching passes.

Andy's "run game" was absolutely a mix of actual running, and short passes to get the RB open in space in the short passing game. And he still does this. 

They never abandoned the run, they just "ran" differently. 

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, Basbear said:

Thank god I quit commenting about how dogshit PFF ranking are, this is another extreme load of feces.  what a joke.

18 hours ago, Basbear said:

10x better than PFFFtttt's pile of troll dung. 

Why the anger? Did PFF steal your girl? lol

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Madwolf said:

Brian Westbrook

LeSean McCoy

They defined Andy Reid's style of play for the RB position. Both were considered Pro-Bowl caliber players under Reid and dynamic playmakers who could get it done on the ground, or catching passes.

Andy's "run game" was absolutely a mix of actual running, and short passes to get the RB open in space in the short passing game. And he still does this. 

Basically, a West Coast Offense.

2 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Why the anger? Did PFF steal your girl? lol

Yea they got my blood boiling after years of seeing them spread non-sense. My own fault for trying to show others that live by them their issues/faults. I checked myself before blowing a gasket and now going avoid PFF topics......except for drive-by pooping....  If I get out of line, check me iamhub. 

• Beer 2

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Yea they got my blood boiling after years of seeing them spread non-sense. My own fault for trying to show others that live by them their issues/faults. I checked myself before blowing a gasket and now going avoid PFF topics......except for drive-by pooping....  If I get out of line, check me iamhub. 

That's a lot of pressure on me. But, I would be happy to keep you in your place, if that is what you want.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Madwolf said:

Brian Westbrook

LeSean McCoy

I mean, Andy Reid was constantly criticized in his tenure in Philly for abandoning the run.   That was the Andy Reid knock. 

is the argument now that wasn’t the case? 

I mean that is rewriting history IMO. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

McNabb wasn't a freakshow?

Mahomes is a freakshow QB.  

McNabb wasn’t in that tier.  None one was calling 50 something completion percentage Donavan a GOAT at the time or now.