• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Linebackers

OceanPanther

On 6/12/2021 at 7:30 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Outside of that one game against a faded Fitz, Shaq has been decent at best in coverage. He's definitely been a disappointment in that department having come into the league billed as a S/LB hybrid. Unfortunately, he is.  He covers like a LB and run supports like a safety. He's not a bad player by any means, but he's not a guy you pay. You pay Bradberry and let Shaq walk. Just IMO.

I member you and I being team bradberry, agree the wrong one was chosen, but we dont have all the facts. I know when Rhule and crew got here they wanted CBs with a heavy track background, bradberry was never a speed demon. LG, I will say this- I think by this seasons end you will come around on thinking Shaq is better than average. 

11 hours ago, OceanPanther said:

Shaq was a first round draft pick, 25th over all pick.  Maybe we've been spoiled by our linebacker play over the years,  but we expected Shaq to dominate.  He consistently has played in the shadow of Luke and TD,  not breaking out unto his own as a starter.   

Last year I didn't see him playing better than when Luke and TD were here. 

Lets hope we see a newer more dominate player in Shaq and all the linebackers this coming season.

Shaq hasn't made it as a pro bowl player.  Yeah, ya kinda expect somewhere along the line , your first round draft pick to be one of the best.  Oh, we've had first round bust.  And Shaq is NOT a first round bust by any means.

Right or wrong ,  some have expected more from him.

Yea he landed on a team with short but rich LB history. FYI that draft class was the worse one in the last 10 ten years. He did not get much help last yr, if any outside Burns and Brown. I think he breaks out form the bad take huddle opinion this up coming season, well those who are willing to admit when it happens. For that class being the worst one in 10 years, I think he has played well compared to his 25th pick status. They added some beef in Nixon, Jones, Fox, and hoskins. Plus perryman allows Shaq to play SLB more, I think thats his best spot.