• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two Teens Arrested For Thomas Davis Home Break In

KatsAzz

https://www.yahoo.com/news/two-teens-arrested-connection-break-120329653.html

•  
Charlotte Observer

Two teens arrested in connection with break in at home of former Panther Thomas Davis

The Union County Sheriff’s Office says it has arrested two juveniles in connection with a break in and car theft at the home of former Carolina Panther Thomas Davis Sr. on Tuesday.

Investigators say the two suspects are ages 15 and 17 and their names are not being released due to their status as juveniles.

The arrests were announced early Friday on Facebook.

“The two suspects involved in the highly publicized breaking and entering of the Davis residence earlier this week are now in custody at a juvenile detention facility,” the post said.

“A UCSO deputy and other members of a US Marshal’s Task Force ... tracked the two suspects to a residence on Touchstone Lane in Charlotte.”

Detectives report they also found “a dark colored SUV” suspected to have been used during the break in at Davis’ home. The SUV had a “green paint transfer at this residence,” officials said.

The McLaren 720S was found crashed in a gated Weddington community, officials say.

The McLaren 720S was found crashed in a gated Weddington community, officials say.

“The unintended paint transfer occurred after the suspects stole a green McLaren 720S from the Davis residence but somehow became entangled with the getaway car before exiting the residence,” officials said.

The former Panthers linebacker posted videos and photos on social media of two people he said broke into his home and wrecked one of his prized collector cars.

“If any of you recognize either one of these idiots that decided it was good idea to come into my home and go through all of my cars and even steal and wreck my McLaren,” he said.

“I’m offering a cash reward for anyone that can help identify who these guys are!” the retired linebacker posted to his 229,000 Instagram followers on Tuesday morning.

The thieves wrecked the car at about 5:30 a.m., about a mile from Davis’ home in the gated Stratford on Providence neighborhood in Weddington, officials said in a news release.

Davis and his wife, Kelly, told investigators they discovered “most of the vehicles in their driveway had open doors and trunks,” officials said.

“Detectives believe the suspects ... broke into and rummaged through several unlocked vehicles in the driveway before gaining access to the garage where the McLaren was parked. The suspects drove the vehicle out of the garage and were traveling toward Providence Road when the crash occurred,” officials said.

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Beer 1

“Detectives believe the suspects ... broke into and rummaged through several unlocked vehicles in the driveway before gaining access to the garage where the McLaren was parked. The suspects drove the vehicle out of the garage and were traveling toward Providence Road when the crash occurred,” officials said.

police man in the black uniform caught the criminal. police officer arrested thief

Edited by KatsAzz

Davis has lived a pretty good life, but he's got to realize that this is a crazy world where security is still necessary when you've acquired the things that he has. Hopefully he has adequate insurance. Even if he doesn't, he can take this as a lesson well-learned. I know people with a hundredth of what he has who believe in legit security.

1 hour ago, KatsAzz said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/two-teens-arrested-connection-break-120329653.html

•  
Charlotte Observer

Two teens arrested in connection with break in at home of former Panther Thomas Davis

The Union County Sheriff’s Office says it has arrested two juveniles in connection with a break in and car theft at the home of former Carolina Panther Thomas Davis Sr. on Tuesday.

Investigators say the two suspects are ages 15 and 17 and their names are not being released due to their status as juveniles.

The arrests were announced early Friday on Facebook.

“The two suspects involved in the highly publicized breaking and entering of the Davis residence earlier this week are now in custody at a juvenile detention facility,” the post said.

“A UCSO deputy and other members of a US Marshal’s Task Force ... tracked the two suspects to a residence on Touchstone Lane in Charlotte.”

Detectives report they also found “a dark colored SUV” suspected to have been used during the break in at Davis’ home. The SUV had a “green paint transfer at this residence,” officials said.

“The unintended paint transfer occurred after the suspects stole a green McLaren 720S from the Davis residence but somehow became entangled with the getaway car before exiting the residence,” officials said.

The former Panthers linebacker posted videos and photos on social media of two people he said broke into his home and wrecked one of his prized collector cars.

“If any of you recognize either one of these idiots that decided it was good idea to come into my home and go through all of my cars and even steal and wreck my McLaren,” he said.

“I’m offering a cash reward for anyone that can help identify who these guys are!” the retired linebacker posted to his 229,000 Instagram followers on Tuesday morning.

The thieves wrecked the car at about 5:30 a.m., about a mile from Davis’ home in the gated Stratford on Providence neighborhood in Weddington, officials said in a news release.

Davis and his wife, Kelly, told investigators they discovered “most of the vehicles in their driveway had open doors and trunks,” officials said.

TEENS??

Based on the security cameras, they looked like full-blown adults to me but okay.....

• Pie 1

Thugs. Worthless scum. Product of the “give me” generation- the ones who think that they shouldn’t have to work for what that have, they think that the well off “owe” them. Pure scum.

charge them as adults. They knew what they were doing was wrong. 

stop sentencing thugs and thieves to jail. Make them work hard labor. 12 hour work days until they grow some morals.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 4

2 minutes ago, Asurfaholic said:

Thugs. Worthless scum. Product of the “give me” generation- the ones who think that they shouldn’t have to work for what that have, they think that the well off “owe” them. Pure scum.

charge them as adults. They knew what they were doing was wrong. 

stop sentencing thugs and thieves to jail. Make them work hard labor. 12 hour work days until they grow some morals.

Quickest way to rehabilitation, heck even habilitation, if you ask me. 

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Asurfaholic said:

Product of the “give me” generation- the ones who think that they shouldn’t have to work for what that have, they think that the well off “owe” them. Pure scum.

Burglary & theft have been around forever. There are idiots like this from every generation and it has nothing to do with entitlement. Just pure stupidity.

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, Snake said:

They should get a spanking by Davis as a punishment. Because we know they can't pay for the damages.

But also: TD (and family) should be given a spanking by the police and their insurance company for having unlocked cars in the driveway...which probably had a garage door opener in it...and spare keys to a $300k car laying on the counter.   

I had the same thing happen to me in the Montford area.  Stole my Highlander when I forgot my keys in my car.  Police officer, "that wasn't very smart, was it?"  Found my car two weeks later when it showed up on the license plate scanners around town, police chase ensured, ditched the car on 85 and ran (and never caught).  I had a totaled car and a nice mark on my insurance.  I was totally to blame. 

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1