• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers wide receivers should feast in first half of the 2021 season

SBBlue

Fantasy Football: Winners and losers from the 2021 NFL schedule release | Fantasy Football News, Rankings and Projections | PFF

"

It’s do or die for Sam Darnold and company — they have zero excuse not to be an above-average offense with a layup slate of matchups for the first half of the season. The Jets, Texans, Cowboys, Eagles, Vikings and Falcons all present defenses that ranked bottom-12 in fantasy points allowed to WRs last year. 

The super sexy schedule has me more bullish on rookie Terrace Marshall Jr. I originally thought he would let fantasy managers down in Year 1, but there’s an increased opportunity for him to make an impact with favorable matchups. 

I could see Marshall being a double-digit touchdown guy, as the Panthers’ biggest issue last year was red-zone efficiency. Teddy Bridgewater was the league’s lowest-graded QB inside the opponent’s 20-yard line (29.0). Marshall is PFF’s third-highest-graded rookie receiver (83.6) in the red zone based on career grades.

"

I said it last year with Teddy. Expect him to look pretty good early on having the advantage of no one having film of him in our offense (yes, I know it's very similar to the Saints' but it's not identical) and working with our skill position players. We'll find out the truth as teams gather relevant film to study. Yeah, we found out that truth.

Expect Darnold to look pretty good early on for the same reasons. If he doesn't, woah boy. Fly the red flags. We'll probably  what we have (or don't have) in Darnold by Halloween. If he's still looking pretty good by Turkey Day we can start celebrating.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I said it last year with Teddy. Expect him to look pretty good early on having the advantage of no one having film of him in our offense (yes, I know it's very similar to the Saints' but it's not identical) and working with our skill position players. We'll find out the truth as teams gather relevant film to study. Yeah, we found out that truth.

Expect Darnold to look pretty good early on for the same reasons. If he doesn't, woah boy. Fly the red flags. We'll probably  what we have (or don't have) in Darnold by Halloween. If he's still looking pretty good by Turkey Day we can start celebrating.

I agree with one caveat.

If he doesn't, woah boy. Fly the red flags.

If he looks bad the whole stretch, then yeah, this was a bad experiment.  On the other hand, I wouldn't judge it on one game either.

35 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Once again, PFF is a terrible source.  Must take it with a grain of salt. 

Not saying our receivers and offense shouldn't do well. They should, as long as our oline starts well. 

I agree.  I also agree with the gist of the article that the defenses in the early part of the season are much easier.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Defenses tend to gel earlier than offenses. 

Yes, we should start fast. We need to. 

Sounds kinda chicken-egg-ish.

Are the defenses more gelled or do they look that way because the offenses don't have their sht together. 🤔

Either way I'm with you on this.

Edited by SBBlue