• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Phil Snow excited by all his new options

He should be excited. He had a bottom 10 defense last year and i think a top 5 defense this year. Between free agency and the draft we filled alot of holes and made some major upgrades. And all 7 of our defensive rookies from last year now have experience. Our defense made some serious upgrades.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Carolina Panthers said:

rssImage-83b736af7bc539c3dc853c813cee09d2.jpeg

The veteran defensive coordinator thinks this offseason's moves will help the Panthers in a number of ways.

View the full article on Panthers.com

My favorites:

Snow:

• "For example, to not blitz Jeremy wouldn't be very smart, would it? I mean he's fast and big. We've still got to implement a lot of things, but do it in a different way."
  • "Talent-wise, we have some guys."..." but it depends on us now... they look at each other and say: 'Hey, we can be really good.' And with that belief, you have a chance to be. I'm excited, but we're still not in pads yet. This is PE to me."

Haason Reddick (of the 12.5 sacks and six forced fumbles last year) in to work opposite Burns should give them a little more pop.

Snows experimenting with new looks.

Matt Rhule mentioned Frankie Luvu lately as another versatile piece 

Brian Burns   "I don't feel like a lot of things can stop us this year."

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 5

4 hours ago, Ace420 said:

He should be excited. He had a bottom 10 defense last year and i think a top 5 defense this year. Between free agency and the draft we filled alot of holes and made some major upgrades. And all 7 of our defensive rookies from last year now have experience. Our defense made some serious upgrades.

Bottom 10 to top 5 in one year is extremely unlikely.

I would think perhaps in a couple ofnywars that might be true. Rome isn't built in a day.

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Phil is saying all the right things just like Fox and Rivera did. This is the time to be excited and optimistic. I am really looking forward to camp and going there myself. I enjoy all the reports from OTAs.

There are a whole lot of reasons to be excited. Compared to most years past, things look like we actually know what we are doing. Ah, good times.

The powers that be look like they actually could be competent. If that translates to the field. We could be looking at a pretty good season.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Ace420 said:

We were 18th in yards and 18th in points allowed. There are 32 teams.

18th to top 10 at least would be possible 

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Phil is saying all the right things just like Fox and Rivera did. This is the time to be excited and optimistic. I am really looking forward to camp and going there myself. I enjoy all the reports from OTAs.

But more importantly they both showed willingness to adapt to what was being given. It wasn’t always pretty, but at least it was there.

6 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

But more importantly they both showed willingness to adapt to what was being given. It wasn’t always pretty, but at least it was there.

Snow also seemed to know that his defense was deficient last year. He got killed for the "bend but don't break" defense but in a lot of ways the best we could do is slow them down.

With the new group of pass rushers and other defensive additions, I expect we will see a much more aggressive defense this season.

With a bit of luck maybe we can force more than 1 punt a game. Just saying, the bar is low. Pretty sure one game there was no punts. I love where I think we're headed but I'm hearing top 5 defense and Sam Darnold lighting the world up? I'm a homer as much as the next guy but let's temper some of the enthusiasm. Though I was once young too, hell cary the torch young Pattiwahs! I too once yelled Superbowl every year.

• Beer 1

On 6/11/2021 at 6:25 PM, Moo Daeng said:

We were 18th in yards and 18th in points allowed. There are 32 teams.

18th to top 10 at least would be possible 

Yep. We were supposed to be bottom 2 like 2019, which is why Snow did well with what he had. We’ve got more talent and experience now. 

• Pie 1

On 6/12/2021 at 8:32 AM, ncstatekwi said:

Definitely excited this year...will need a jersey # cheat sheet for the first few games this year....looking forward to it!!

Again?  I had to keep my in the living room half the season last year.

Small price to pay I guess. 😉

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Yep. We were supposed to be bottom 2 like 2019, which is why Snow did well with what he had. We’ve got more talent and experience now. 

No doubt about it.

With the pieces we added....well no wonder Snow looked so optimistic in the presser.