• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Troy Pride....Speedster

SBBlue

Nice post OP.  Standing out on ST is how a depth guy like Pride can have a lasting career in the NFL.

It's also been so long time coming since we had CB depth.  

Can't wait to see what Phil Snow can do with a full deck on defense this year.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Just now, Seltzer said:

Can't wait to see what Phil Snow can do with a full deck on defense this year.

Me too.  I think Pride is slightly faster than Taylor, but a little smaller...they add great depth.  The potential is there. 

C'mon Snow, take us there.

• Beer 1

I haven't heard much about Pride yet this year. He was really thrown straight into the fire last season and without any pre-season or offseason to prepare much. Talk about a raw deal.

Hopefully being more seasoned with a OTA's and a full offseason to prepare he will step up!

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, Michael G said:

I haven't heard much about Pride yet this year. He was really thrown straight into the fire last season and without any pre-season or offseason to prepare much.

Baptism by fire.  He took a lot of lumps last year as a rookie...but that D finished pretty strong.  

• Pie 1

Pride is in dog fight for staying on the roster. Panthers added Horn, AJ, Taylor and vet Melvin. Panthers mainly carry 4, sometimes 5 CBs and Djak should make the team as well. AJ is missing the first two weeks and that may help Prides chances. Amazing to see where the CB group was at the 2019 off-season compared to now. 

STO is another one whos fighting for a roster spot as well, good problem to have...

• Beer 3

1 hour ago, Michael G said:

I haven't heard much about Pride yet this year. He was really thrown straight into the fire last season and without any pre-season or offseason to prepare much. Talk about a raw deal.

Hopefully being more seasoned with a OTA's and a full offseason to prepare he will step up!

He was a fifth rounder. If he ends up a 4th or 5th CB and a special teams stalwart, we did well.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Why? He tested very well athletically at the combine and pro days. That is why we drafted him.

9 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I had no idea Pride was that fast. 

I had no idea either.  Its why I posted it.

I think its because he was stuck in zone a lot last year and our secondary, well, was bad. 

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 1