• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Troy Pride....Speedster

SBBlue

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Did you not follow our draft then? 

I did.  I didn't pay as much attention to the later rounders, in particular his speed. 

To be fair, historically, our late rounders were wasted Hurney picks.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I had no idea either.  Its why I posted it.

Yeah he is a burner. We grabbed him in the 4th round and Stanley Thomas Oliver in the 7th. He had trouble in coverage and some in tacking last season, but it wasn't for lack of effort that I could see. He ran with everyone we asked him to, he just had trouble tracking the ball and playing as physical as he needs to against NFL receivers (at least that's what I saw). He's got plenty of talent just needs to work on technique and mindset a little.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I did.  I didn't pay as much attention to the later rounders, in particular his speed. 

To be fair, historically, our late rounders were wasted Hurney picks.

Well supposedly that was not a Hurney draft. I don't know that I believe that but that is what some here choose to believe.

I would think you would have known about him since he was a guy that was talked about quite a bit before the season. 

4 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Yeah he is a burner. We grabbed him in the 4th round and Stanley Thomas Oliver in the 7th. He had trouble in coverage and some in tacking last season, but it wasn't for lack of effort that I could see. He ran with everyone we asked him to, he just had trouble tracking the ball and playing as physical as he needs to against NFL receivers (at least that's what I saw). He's got plenty of talent just needs to work on technique and mindset a little.

I didn't say that. WTF

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well supposedly that was not a Hurney draft. I don't know that I believe that but that is what some here choose to believe.

I would think you would have known about him since he was a guy that was talked about quite a bit before the season. 

I knew of him.  I knew he went to ND and was late round CB.   That was about it.

Is that OK?  

2 minutes ago, sonburst4 said:

Horn, Jackson and Pride is a great top 3 for our CB group. 

Watch out for Taylor.  He earned his stripes at Washington, they leave em on an island there.  He tore up at the senior bowl.

Its gonna be fierce competition at cb this year.

I love it.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 2