• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS Sports Projects Panther's Starting Lineup Heading into Training Camp

Michael G

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Anyone predicting Little to start anywhere - much less at LT - just hasn't been paying ANY attention to the Panthers over the past year and should refrain from making any predictions regarding lineups. It'll be a surprise if Little even makes the roster.

Ya there are so big head scratchers on that list.

7 hours ago, Michael G said:

Offense (25)

POSITION STARTER BACKUP DEPTH
QB Sam Darnold P.J. Walker  
RB Christian McCaffrey Chuba Hubbard* Trenton Cannon
FB Mason Stokke    
WR D.J. Moore Brandon Zylstra  
WR Robby Anderson David Moore  
WR Terrace Marshall Jr.* Omar Bayless  
TE Tommy Tremble Dan Arnold  Ian Thomas
LT Greg Little Cameron Erving  
LG Dennis Daley Deonte Brown  
C Matt Paradis Sam Tecklenburg  
RG Pat Elflein John Miler  
RT Taylor Moton Trent Scott

Defense (25)

POSITION STARTER BACKUP DEPTH
DE Brian Burns Morgan Fox Marquis Haynes
DL Bravvion Roy Daviyon Nixon*  
DL Derrick Brown DaQuan Jones  Caraun Reid
DE Yetur Gross-Matos Austin Larkin  
LB Shaq Thompson Frankie Luvu  
LB Denzel Perryman Paddy Fisher  
LB Haason Reddick Jermaine Carter  
CB Donte Jackson A.J. Bouye  
CB Jaycee Horn* Troy Pride   
CB Keith Taylor    
S Jeremy Chinn Delano Hill  
S Juston Burris Sam Franklin

Special teams (3)

POSITION STARTER BACKUP
K Joey Slye  
P Joseph Charlton  
LS Thomas Fletcher  
KR Trenton Cannon  
PR David Moore

I'm not sure whoever wrote this really knows anything about the team (Brady Christensen isn't even listed here) but its something to talk about. The complete article is linked here: 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panthers-depth-chart-2021-carolinas-projected-starters-for-week-1-heading-into-training-camp/

Someone went through madden, basically.

"Let's see, I am almost done with this article about the Panthers starting lineup, but I have no idea who their LT will be."

"Hey, wasn't Hurney GM there for a million years?  Call him, I'll bet he'll give you some insight."

"Great idea, I'll jump right on that."

The rest is history.

• Pie 1

This is the " Fan Nation"  projection for the panthers 2021 starting offensive line.

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/projecting-the-panthers-starting-offensive-line-for-2021

Sports Illustrated home

Sports Illustrated home

A look at who might make up the starting combination for Carolina up front this season.

Carolina had one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL in 2020 and made several roster moves this offseason in hopes of improving the overall play of the unit. There are still question marks at several spots on the line and whether or not improvement takes place is to be seen.

So without further adieu, here's a look at what the starting offensive line could look like in 2021.

Left Tackle - Cameron Erving

Russell Okung remains a free agent and does not appear to be re-signing with Carolina meaning that the Panthers will have their 8th different starting left tackle in as many years when this season begins. I'm not putting Erving in the starting role because I believe in him but more so because he will be the best equipped to win the job out of training camp. However, I do expect rookie Brady Christensen to take over the starting job at some point throughout the regular season. 

Backup: Brady Christensen

Left Guard - Pat Elflein

Elflein is very capable of being a legitimate starter up front but does need to clean up some areas of his game, including pass protection. After a strong rookie season in 2017 lining up at center, he took quite a step back in 2018, which forced the Vikings to move him over to guard. In 2019, Elflein allowed eight sacks and committed eight penalties - certainly numbers that need to trim down.

Backup: Deonte Brown

Center - Matt Paradis

Paradis was a little more consistent in 2021 but still hasn't produced anywhere near the way he did with the Denver Broncos. Then again, he's really the only option at center if you take out former undrafted free agent Sam Tecklenburg. I expect Pat Elflein to serve as the backup since he started there for Minnesota at the beginning of his career.

Backup: Pat Elflein

Right Guard - John Miller

He may not have had the type of year he or the Panthers would have liked to of had but there's potential there for Miller to develop into a quality starter. Now that Miller has a full year under his belt in this offense and a year working with offensive line coach Pat Meyer, I expect him to take a big leap. 

Backup: Dennis Daley or David Moore

Right Tackle - Taylor Moton

If there is one place on the offensive line the Panthers don't have to worry about, it's at right tackle with Taylor Moton. He will be playing under the franchise tag in 2021 but will almost certainly be getting a long-term deal worked out with the team soon. Not only is right tackle in a good spot because of Moton but also because of Trent Scott's ability to step in and be productive if called into action.

Backup: Trent Scott

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't even put money on him making the final roster.

.03% chance is where Im currently at

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

Someone went through madden, basically.

I think you got the reason, I have no idea about madden rankings but isnt Greg Little a "beast" or upper rated LT?

All this roster is missing is " Form PFF "