• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold

bythenbrs

10 hours ago, L-TownCat said:
12 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Let's not hand cuff him to Jake. 

No offense to Jake, but Sam has a lot more talent. 

Yeah, and a lot of talented guys got that ass beat by Jake too.

56-40 in 96 starts...

...your are what your record says you are and Jake is a winner. 

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 2

12 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Let's not hand cuff him to Jake. 

No offense to Jake, but Sam has a lot more talent. 

No offense to Sam, but Jake was a winner out of the gate as a starting QB. Pedigree be damned. 

Now if Sam can come out and be Jake 2.0, I'll sing his praises. Or if he can live up to his earlier promise, that'll be big, too. 

There's a lot of pressure on Sam right now. Here's hoping that he handles it well.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

No offense to Sam, but Jake was a winner out of the gate as a starting QB. Pedigree be damned. 

Now if Sam can come out and be Jake 2.0, I'll sing his praises. Or if he can live up to his earlier promise, that'll be big, too. 

There's a lot of pressure on Sam right now. Here's hoping that he handles it well.

No offense to anyone, but Jake was 27. Not fresh out of college.  

No one has said Jake wasn't  a winner. 

Take your panties off. 

36 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

How right you are...and I had no idea how right you really are.

7-9, 1-15, 7-9...Panthers records 3 seasons pre-Jake.

10-5, 7-9, 11-5, 7-6, 2-1, 12-4...Jake's regular season record as a starter first 6 seasons in w/ CAR.  

Given he was playing for an inept owner/franchise who never once produced back-to-back winning seasons, and only has 7 winning seasons in the 26-year franchise -- Jake's overall production is simply amazing!

Furthermore, in the 26-year history of the franchise the team has 9 total wins in the playoffs -- Jake was at the helm for 5 of those.  

Did you know Jake was the 1st QB in NFL history to lead his team to 4 consecutive road-playoff wins?!?

What an incredible record of accomplishment he has...

...hell, I believe there is a strong argument to be made that the Jake Era constitutes the Golden Years for this franchise!

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 4

11 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

Panthers fans after Cam was drafted disrespect Jake Delhomme way too much. Jake was one hell of a QB before the surgery. 

LOL I dont know about "one hell of a QB".  He was very average, he was just an amazing leader and is as clutch as you can get.  Jake always had "it".  He was never a prolific QB.  He never broke 4000 yards or 30 TDs and he threw a lot of picks.  Don't get me wrong, he is the 2nd best QB we ever had and was the heart and soul of the team for many good years....but he was never one of the more talented QBs.  He also had 2 borderline HoF WR's to throw to.

52 minutes ago, joemac said:

LOL I dont know about "one hell of a QB".  He was very average, he was just an amazing leader and is as clutch as you can get.  Jake always had "it".  He was never a prolific QB.  He never broke 4000 yards or 30 TDs and he threw a lot of picks.  Don't get me wrong, he is the 2nd best QB we ever had and was the heart and soul of the team for many good years....but he was never one of the more talented QBs.  He also had 2 borderline HoF WR's to throw to.

Remember Jake played for John Fox's run first offense. A typical series was like: run-run-pass (if 3rd and manageable) or Run-run-run (draw up the middle if 3rd and long).  I'm not saying Jake was a great QB, but he was never going to put up massive yards passing in that offense.

• Pie 1