• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera brought Luke Kuechly in to speak to Washington linebackers

ladypanther

https://sports.yahoo.com/ron-rivera-reveals-brought-luke-030309779.htm

[Rivera] brought Kuechly to talk to his linebackers over the Memorial Day weekend.

What did Kuechly say to WFT’s linebackers?

According to Nicki Jhabvala of The Washington Post, he spoke of the importance of being able to play all three linebacker spots — something Rivera has stressed since Washington selected Davis in April.

Hope Luke was wearing a Panther shirt.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

Some will be butthurt but they shouldn't be. 

Ron was Luke's Coach all but the final few games of his career. He grew up in the league with Rivera as his mentor. I think he mentioned there were tears when they found out Ron was getting the axe so there's a tight bond there.

Say what you will about Ron, but the dude knows linebackers/linebacking. Even our backups went on to be starters on other teams. 

Good for Luke and good for Ron. 

• Pie 9

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I would say to not read anything into this, but if you've clicked the link to read this thread there's a good chance you already have 😕

You may be reading too much in  that.  You clicked right?  Just interesting to know what people are up to.

Edited by ladypanther
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ladypanther said:

You may be ready too much in  that.  You clicked right?  Just interesting to know what people are up to.

Nah. I don't have a problem with it.

But given how paranoid people were that Luke was heading to Washington immediately after his retirement was announced, I'm sure some people will.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nah. I don't have a problem with it.

But given how paranoid people were that Luke was heading to Washington immediately after his retirement was announced, I'm sure some people will.

I honestly wouldn't care if he took a job elsewhere in the NFL.