• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix to participate in Panthers minicamp on a tryout basis

vorbis

32 minutes ago, vorbis said:

it seems to me that the way Phil Snow works as far as players' positions is:

step one: find athletes

step two: get them on the field

step three: put them in position to make plays

step four: call the positions whatever

Sounds about right. These guys are going to have to get used to a lot of different jobs that fall outside the traditional roles for whatever position they are assigned, depending on situation.

Aside from the CBs (you've got 1 job), they better be ready for anything at any moment. 

I love that. And I love that (if things go as they should) you won't be able to tell anything from their formation or where the guys are lined up.

Base 4-3, but once that whistle blows it's anybody's guess 

5 minutes ago, vorbis said:

it seems to me that the way Phil Snow works as far as players' positions is:

step one: find athletes

step two: get them on the field

step three: put them in position to make plays

step four: call the positions whatever

This is the way it should be, not the Rivera method of forcing square pegs into round holes because of "muh system".

• Flames 3

45 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

No difference? Okay you lost all the little credibility you did have. 

Fresh Prince Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

In many teams and systems, especially currently, there is very little difference between the two. Job responsibilities, expectations, and assignments all remain the same. 

The rise of the spread offense is the main reason for this. Both safeties have to be good in coverage and both have to be able to tackle the RB. 

Even in our defenses best years going back a 10-15 years or more, there was no difference in job responsibilities. You weren't a FS or a SS, you were just a safety.

And that's the way it is for a lot of teams going back into college. Many teams at the college level don't mess around with the designation. I mean they might assign one to the right side of the field and the other to the left, but it's got nothing to do with one guys job description being different than the others.

Ask the college game goes, so goes the pro game.... eventually.

Whats hooker up to?? Ha-Ha is at that retirement fork, were teams are picking a 6th round rookie over you. 

Im alone on this branch, just feel the Safety spot is fine with or without Chinn. Big Burris and Franklin believer. Chandler and Krob got what you want in a safety as well, just need the coincidence form coaching staff. I like the group as a whole and think there no huge need there. 

4 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

It’s sad that they only thing you have last is to be a grammar police. 

It's sad, that you seem to have such s lonely life, that you don't find anything better to do with your time, than try to annoy people you don't even know on the internet.

That's what's really sad

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

9 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

We better sign Haha. Dude is still very young and had a very good start of the season for GB before they traded him to Washington. 

Oh sure. It's always wise to sign a guy based on how good he was for part of a season three years ago.

We'll just ignore that he couldn't even make the final roster for the Cowboys (or anybody else) all of last year.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1