• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Developmental / bottom of the roster player we carry this year?

CanadianCat

3 hours ago, trueblade said:

He's the only MLB listed on the roster beside Perryman. I think he makes it. Everyone else is listed as Will or SAM.

Just to add, I believe Clay Johnston played MLB for Baylor for what its worth. LB needs upgrades form 3-6, Carter entered my Thomas/Little hopeless bubble....

There are a few names still FAs, I know KJ wright is a under-rated stud form Seahawks....heard he wants "market value", if they feel playoffs are close....sign him up. YOLO mode and sign Reuben Foster, I like Todd davis as well. Darran Lee is another guy I think he was a former 1st. 

On 6/14/2021 at 1:21 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Shi Smith and Keith Taylor. Both late round draft picks. Both probably looking at being no higher than 4th on the depth chart within their position group. But both with considerable NFL upside IMO and both with the tools to be immediate impact players on ST too to secure their roster spots this year.

My mini bold prediction:

Shi Smith makes a run for the roster ahead of Zylstra, Norwood, Bayless, and dare I say David Moore. 

Not high on the whole rookie class, but Smith...I smell something there.  Fire roasted smoke

We are bringing in guys and waiving them to get a look at as many guys as possible. It is likely our developmental players may not currently be on the team. A guy like Thomas isn't a developmental guy. He is either on the team as a solid choice or gone as we go a different route.

• Pie 1

On 6/14/2021 at 2:06 PM, SBBlue said:

I think Thomas is going to be gone, and we only carry two TE's.  I would drop the fullback position have Tremble on H'back duties and we use that extra spot to put in David Moore on the Oline.  If we put Moore on the PS he will be gone.  In my mind we should have drafted him.

The Panthers are a team that likes versatile players, they have several.

Arnold emerged as a red zone threat in Arizona last year. Tremble is part fullback, part H-back, part blocker, with the chance to develop as a receiver.

Thomas showed glimpses last year, but the additions at the position might not leave many opportunities for him.