• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Favorite Video of Tommy Tremble

SBBlue

Good vid OP. 

Even if he does just become a blocking TE, having a talented blocking TE/HB would be a massive pick-up. If he can get better at receiving that'll be excellent.

Let's let him take to the field before we crown him the new Kittle, though. That's a giant mountain to climb for a rookie.

• Pie 2

I'm happy to see not only how well he blocks in-line but how well he moves and can locate and connect with defenders on the move as well. I'm sure there will be a learning curve as he adjusts to the speed of the NFL but there is potential there.

• Pie 2

57 minutes ago, KSpan said:

there is potential there.

Yes.  In a different video they ask one of his opponents to describe his style.  "The guys a prick." was the response.   

2 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

Don't know where you've been, but glad you found the Huddle.

Work.  I've had some free time lately, so I'm posting during the lull.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Even if he does just become a blocking TE, having a talented blocking TE/HB would be a massive pick-up. If he can get better at receiving that'll be excellent.

Brady said in his presser that he see Tremble as a complete tight end who can catch.  He's had some drops, but I hope more reps will iron that out

Let's let him take to the field before we crown him the new Kittle, though. 

Oh yeah, I agree. 

I'm just excited for what he will add to the run game.  Apparently Christiansen and Tremble practiced double teams at OTA's so it sounds like the coaches share the concerns about the line, at least some.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Great short article on Tremble

Panthers OC Joe Brady says Tommy Tremble is not ‘just a run blocker’ (usatoday.com)

“I think Coach Ang (tight ends coach Brian Angelichio) has done a great job of working with him in developing his game in the pass game. . . I don’t see Tommy as a guy that’s just a run blocker. I see a guy that I think ‘Is he gonna be a complete tight end?’ So it’s our job right now, OTAs and training camp, to just find out exactly what he can [do] and just kinda evolve and roll with that.”

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Great short article on Tremble

Panthers OC Joe Brady says Tommy Tremble is not ‘just a run blocker’ (usatoday.com)

“I think Coach Ang (tight ends coach Brian Angelichio) has done a great job of working with him in developing his game in the pass game. . . I don’t see Tommy as a guy that’s just a run blocker. I see a guy that I think ‘Is he gonna be a complete tight end?’ So it’s our job right now, OTAs and training camp, to just find out exactly what he can [do] and just kinda evolve and roll with that.”

I love how this staff works. They are not afraid to see what a player can do. Then coach them up. They don't pigeon hole their talent. They put them through their paces, then integrate that into the playbook. "We already know what you can do, let's find out what you didn't know you could do".

This staff loves athletes with versatility. Then they push the limits to find out just how versatile they truly are.

• Pie 2

23 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I love how this staff works. They are not afraid to see what a player can do. Then coach them up. They don't pigeon hole their talent. They put them through their paces, then integrate that into the playbook. "We already know what you can do, let's find out what you didn't know you could do".

This staff loves athletes with versatility. Then they push the limits to find out just how versatile they truly are.

Its not just for the players, it good for the team.  If Tommy does become a complete TE, they can't assume that we are running when he's in, or that we aren't going to pass to him.

Hope Tremble's getting a ton of reps catching rocks.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Beer 1

• 2 weeks later...