• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

rumors about Porzingis

Captain Morgan

I hear you - what I am looking for is more of a defensive presence overall and someone with good hands that can catch the lobs and entry passes - something we haven't had in 1 player.. Biz was a good defender and decent shot blocker - but had stone hands.. and Zeller could rim run but wasn't a lob threat and was def was a defensive problem for us..

just look at this past series of the 76ers vs Hawks - Embiid is a unicorn but Capela is someone I think fits exactly what we need.. others are Brooke Lopez, Zubac, Ayton, Valanciunas, Nurkic, Vucevic..

The ones available this FA are Richaun Holmes, Jarrett Allen and a few trades are rumored..

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Embiid is a unicorn but Capela is someone I think fits exactly what we need.. others are Brooke Lopez, Zubac, Ayton, Valanciunas, Nurkic, Vucevic..

The ones available this FA are Richaun Holmes, Jarrett Allen and a few trades are rumored..

I wouldn't want one of the older guys. The timing doesn't really line up with the rest of the roster age wise, and there is also the mileage to consider.

15 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Porzingis doesn’t help us enough with what we need, so I’d pass. That said we’ll probably do it 

Yeah. If Cho was still in charge, that would be a Hornets move with keeping Gordon on the team and giving up younger guys. Miles is a keeper. PJ is a maybe, but he could make a leap next year like Miles did this year.

15 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

I wouldn't want one of the older guys. The timing doesn't really line up with the rest of the roster age wise, and there is also the mileage to consider.

I wasn't saying they are available - I was simply saying there still are BIGs in the game today that score in the post and gave a few examples.. the ones available this FA period are few - especially starter quality

2 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I wasn't saying they are available - I was simply saying there still are BIGs in the game today that score in the post and gave a few examples.. the ones available this FA period are few - especially starter quality

Hopefully they are smarter than overpaying for one of those vets in FA. The team already has two young guys that they need to kick the tires on. They might be serviceable or better. They might be worse too. Either way, they need playing time to see what they are. Hopefully the team drafts the best available at 11 instead of trading the pick or more for a guy like Turner. Overpaying for a vet or in a trade for Turner would be a very Hornets move.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

Could we still we interested in Porzingis? I really think that we are not done yet. Kup will probably make a play for a legit big man whether that be Lauri Markkanen, James Wiseman, Krisptaps Porzingis, Myles Turner or someone else. Here’s a thought with a three team trade involving sign and trade:

Charlotte receives: Kristaps Porzingis 

Dallas receives: Lauri Markkanen + Terry Rozier

Chicago receives: PJ Washington + pick(s) from Dallas 

PG LaMelo Ball, Ish Smith

SG Kelly Oubre, James Bouknight 

SF Gordon Hayward, Jalen McDaniels

PF Miles Bridges, Kai Jones

C Kristaps Porzingis, Mason Plumlee

Probably not the best lineup with two injury proned guys, but something to think about. 

I would hate to lose PJ and get a player that’s going to be injured half the year. PJ still has a lot of potential and could be set for a good year.