• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tremble Projected to be 3rd Most Productive Rookie TE

12 hours ago, bigdavis said:

I don't know, but she had plenty of nice things to say about you.

Cynthia Frelund

NFL Network Analytics Expert

Cynthia Frelund joined NFL Network in 2016 as an analytics expert, providing her unique insight into the game on NFL Fantasy LIVE, GameDay Morning, and more.

Headshot picture of Cynthia Frelund

Edited by KatsAzz

17 hours ago, Little Goody Two Shoes said:

"No tight end in the FBS last season earned a better center of gravity percentage on both passing and rushing downs than Tremble. This metric reflects a player's ability to maintain his center of gravity when hit or making a hit and has proven to be highly correlated to NFL blocking success since I started measuring it back in 2008."

There isn’t much to go off from a pass-catching standpoint thanks to the limited opportunities Tremble received in college. The prospect did show flashes of what he could possibly do and if he develops his craft in a professional environment, he will be the complete package we need.

Tremble definitely fits the mold of what the Panthers are trying to build. His infectious enthusiasm is matched by ruthless aggression that is hard to stop, so we should be able to expect fireworks whenever he is on the field as a rookie.

15 hours ago, panfanman said:

If he never catches a pass but consistently makes key blocks resulting in moving the chains or touchdowns that's production as far as I'm concerned.

Adding another blocking presence on the edge could help McCaffrey significantly. Tremble can cope with edge rushers seamlessly and absolutely thrives demolishing linebackers at the second level.

This will obviously be tougher against more physical defenders who boast more experience. But Tremble has the sort of attitude needed to make the necessary adjustments and become an important part of the offense in Week One.
Edited by KatsAzz
  • Pie 2

• 4 weeks later...

Carolina also drafted Notre Dame’s Tommy Tremble in the third round. Known as an elite blocker in college where he had only 35 catches and four touchdowns, Brady believes Tremble can be a complete tight end.

“I don’t see Tommy as a guy that’s just a run blocker. ... I don’t want tight ends that are just trying to focus on one thing. As a unit, the tight end room understands the importance of being a complete tight end.

“So we’re going to ask guys to do something they might not have done in the past."

https://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/35138/why-tight-end-could-be-the-most-important-position-in-lifting-panthers-offense

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

"

Tight ends were practically nonexistent in Brady’s system a year ago. They combined for an NFL-low 204 receiving yards, the third fewest from a tight end group in the last 10 years, behind the 2015 New York Jets (95) and 2016 Jets (173).  Their 27 receptions, according to ESPN Stats & Information, were the second fewest in the NFL behind New England (18). Their two touchdown catches were tied for the fewest behind the Patriots and New York Giants, with one each.   That played a role in red zone inefficiency. Carolina ranked 28th last season at 51 percent, ahead of only Dallas (50%), Cincinnati (50%), the Giants (46%) and the Jets (42%).
On the other end of the spectrum, of the 13 teams with a winning record in 2020, nine had a tight end rank in the top two on the team in touchdown catches...

(Greg) Olsen’s seven touchdown catches ranked second for Carolina in 2015 when it went an NFL-best 15-1 and reached the Super Bowl. The Panthers also ranked first in the NFL in red zone efficiency that season at 69.44 percent....

Carolina hoped last season that 2018 fourth-round pick Ian Thomas would step up, but he had only 20 catches for 145 yards and a touchdown. Chris Manhertz, known primarily as a blocker, had only six catches for 52 yards and no touchdowns....  The Panthers still hope Thomas can be a factor, but moved on from Manhertz.

They instead signed Arizona’s Dan Arnold to a two-year, $6 million deal in hopes he can emerge.  Arnold had 31 catches for 438 yards and four touchdowns at Arizona last season.

Carolina also drafted Notre Dame’s Tommy Tremble in the third round. Known as an elite blocker in college where he had only 35 catches and four touchdowns, Brady believes Tremble can be a complete tight end.

"

• Pie 1

On 6/14/2021 at 5:44 PM, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

That isn't really saying much when Pitts is probably the only one actually expecting production.

I mean are we really expecting a lot of production from a guy who's best talent is blocking. Also Pitts is really just a WR so he want be blocking at all.

I’m not doubting ATLs new toy, but a top 5 pick on a TE?  That brings certain expectations.  Pitts will have to BALL to meet the initial demands.  

As mentioned Arnold is going to catch the passes and Tommyknocker is gonna help CMC make house calls and keep Sammy upright a little longer.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 6/15/2021 at 10:48 AM, KatsAzz said:

There isn’t much to go off from a pass-catching standpoint thanks to the limited opportunities Tremble received in college. The prospect did show flashes of what he could possibly do and if he develops his craft in a professional environment, he will be the complete package we need.

Tremble definitely fits the mold of what the Panthers are trying to build. His infectious enthusiasm is matched by ruthless aggression that is hard to stop, so we should be able to expect fireworks whenever he is on the field as a rookie.

Has Tremble signed his rookie contract yet?

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, stbugs said:

You are expecting 1000 yards from the TE spot? Moore/Anderson are good for over 2k, probably 1500 for CMC and other WRs/RBs. 1000 yards at the TE spot means around 5000 yards passing for Darnold.

I think 1000 yards is way too optimistic.

Yeah.   A lot of mouths to feed this year.  Seems possible someone is going to decline a bit because the TE has to be better than last year.  With an additional game we could reasonably see 4000 yards though.

On 6/14/2021 at 5:52 PM, Basbear said:

How is this accurately measured?

I know Rhule was a huge Tremble guy, I didnt share the same feelings. He could start very easily here, I do look forward to seeing how brady uses him and how many snaps he plays per game. 

I hope there are packages with both Tremble and Arnold on the field at the same time.  I feel like Arnold could be used more like a 4th/5th WR, so that would give Tommy a spot next to one of the Tackles.