• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Projected Roster Changes (Upgrades???) on Offense from 202- to 2021

Michael G

I also think the injury label on Daley might be a bit overblown.  He had an ankle and a concussion at different times, but the moved him to IR after the concussion and it seemed he was injured forever.  IR is used for different reasons, and Daley is a decent OL.  The battle we have going on at LT is great, but the LG situation is nice too.  I think Elf and Christensen might slug it out for that spot, and I see Christensen winning.  Elf could then slug it out with Paradis.  RG?  Miller has to be the favorite because he and Moton started jelling at the end of the season, but you could see Brown or even Erving there.

Erving is a good fit for this wide zone scheme, by the way---and he could be the LT--who knows?  Seriously--we have not had more potential at OL in years--if ever.  Just depends on the chemistry.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I appreciate the effort and the share.  I think our offense with CMC on the field upgrades every position, but I do not see the how LT can be a downgrade when we had so much salary on the bench.  See, I look at it this way--if we can stay the same (talent) at a position and cut the salary by 50%, we are better at another position (in terms of salary)

I see your point about salary and do not disagree with releasing Okung, but I was simply thinking about performance on the field. When on the field Okung was a better option at LT than anything we currently have IMO no matter who wins that battle (at this point in their careers).

57 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

we have not had more potential at OL in years--if ever.  Just depends on the chemistry.

I agree with you here completely as far as potential goes. Christensen may become a great guard or a pretty good Tackle, Daley is still young has has shown glimpses when healthy--the Brown and Moore from this years draft. Definitely a lot of potential!

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 3

2 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

We have players with some skill that can hold off a UDRFA challenger.T

I agree.  I don't think Moore will be C or guard....just depth.

his is how I see it to start the season: 

Christensen - (Daley/Eflein)- Paradis - (Eflein/Daley) - Moton

I believe BC will win LT, hopefully day 1.   I agree there.

I also agree with not moving Moton.

At guard, Miller, Scott, Eflein Erving, Brown, Moore can play it....and could do a serviceable job.   I really have no idea.  

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, SBBlue said:

Yeah left tackle was a revolving door

Scott started the Bucs2, Lions, Packers and WFT 

LIttle started Falcons2, Cardinals, Chargers

Daley started  Chiefs game but exited the game and LIttle finished.

(We almost beat the Chiefs with Daley and LIttle at LT)

Okung started 7 games 

I'm missing one.

I think the competition at LT is going to make that position strong.  Probably not as strong as it was when Okung was healthy, but stronger than it was when he wasn't.

FWIW of those who started, I still think Daley has the highest potential from the tape hes put out.  When hes been put at LT hes been alright, Little was just a dumpster fire behind planned parenthood bad.  FWIW, I dont think Little even makes the roster unless something dramatic happens.  I think daley/Erving will be the original mix with it being more Daley/Scott towards the end of the season and using erving as a swing O-Line.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

This is how I see it to start the season: 

Christensen - (Daley/Eflein)- Paradis - (Eflein/Daley) - Moton

Brady goes to LT for 2 reasons, he's listed on the team site as a T and Rhule said whoever they drafted in the 3rd round needed to be a day 1 starter.

I think your line up makes a lot of sense, but the wild card is going to be Erving. Christensen should definitely start, but it remains to be seen whether that will be at LT or LG. Erving, Daley, and Elfein will battle for the position he doesn't win, with Scott in the race for LT.

Without seeing a single practice snap, let alone one in pads, I see this being the starting line up:

Christensen - Daley- Paradis - Miller - Moton

With Elfein and Erving backing up the guards and Scott being backup at both tackle spots. Elfein will be backup center. I do think both Moore and Brown make the team, but doubt they see a lot of action unless there are injuries.

Scott - Christensen - Paradis - Miller - Moton, IF Christensen doesn't win the LT spot.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

FWIW, I dont think Little even makes the roster unless something dramatic happens. 

That's my gut reaction.  It would be a surprise if he stays imo.  But I've been surprised before soo.

I think daley/Erving will be the original mix with it being more Daley/Scott towards the end of the season and using erving as a swing O-Line.

I think Erving was always meant to swing.

I honestly don't know how this is going to shake out.

I don't think our line is as bad as pff said, and I'm not convinced its any worse than last year. Probably the same, and maybe better.  It certainly seems a bit deeper. 

3 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

I think your line up makes a lot of sense, but the wild card is going to be Erving. Christensen should definitely start, but it remains to be seen whether that will be at LT or LG. Erving, Daley, and Elfein will battle for the position he doesn't win, with Scott in the race for LT.

Without seeing a single practice snap, let alone one in pads, I see this being the starting line up:

With Elfein and Erving backing up the guards and Scott being backup at both tackle spots. Elfein will be backup center. I do think both Moore and Brown make the team, but doubt they see a lot of action unless there are injuries.

Scott - Christensen - Paradis - Miller - Moton, IF Christensen doesn't win the LT spot.

I can see this too.  I really think its a dogfight, with the coaching staff trying to decide the best way to groom the rookies and still keep a serviceable line.

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

By the way, LG was our biggest problem last year.  By far. 

On the line, definitely. We brought in 2 serviceable FA's, picked up 2 rookies (3 if we count Christensen, but I hope we don't), and have a healthy Daley back. LG was supposed to be his to lose last year until that entire side of the line got hurt. Someone should stick, and be much better than Reed.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I can see this too.  I really think its a dogfight, with the coaching staff trying to decide the best way to groom the rookies and still keep a serviceable line.

short version; Christen hopefully wins LT. But if he doesn't, he's the defacto LG

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I agree.  I don't think Moore will be C or guard....just depth.

I believe BC will win LT, hopefully day 1.   I agree there.

I also agree with not moving Moton.

At guard, Miller, Scott, Eflein Erving, Brown, Moore can play it....and could do a serviceable job.   I really have no idea.  

as far as the guard group goes, its gonna boil down to the best fit.  One group should end up out-performing the others.  Hopefully by enough of a gap that there is no doubt. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Like I said, the only real reason I put Brady outside is because of comments coach made.  Other than that, im trying to see into the future.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

as far as the guard group goes, its gonna boil down to the best fit.  One group should end up out-performing the others.  Hopefully by enough of a gap that there is no doubt. 

If you win 2nd fiddle at LT, it seems we'd want you benched more because we need you healthy.  I'm sure there's some advanced calculus in this because the line always seems to be riddled with injuries, except in 2015.

Edited by SBBlue

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

If you win 2nd fiddle at LT, it seems we'd want you benched more because we need you healthy.  I'm sure there's some advanced calculus in this because the line always seems to be riddled with injuries, except in 2015.

This year with the extra game, I have no misgivings that our starting 5 will be the same all year long.  It will be a battle of attrition.

• Pie 1