• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Minicamp news and notes

BurnNChinn

6 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

Wouldn’t mind Yeldon being the 3rd RB. 

Who do you peg as #2 RB?  Chuba?

For now until seeing them live at camp, I have no sense of the pecking order / depth chart behind CMC.

Chuba, Bonnafon, Cannon?  Rhule has shown he isn't hesitant to play rookies...

3 hours ago, Michael G said:

A couple of comments from J. Alexander. I wish he'd be a little more specific about who exactly is doing what.

Feels like the Panthers' brass must have really laid down the law with the beat writers.  The amount of detail coming out of OTAs or minicamp is just tiny compared to other years.  (Including from Panthers' own media, it's not just that they're hogging content for themselves. )  Definitely increases the likelihood that I'll go down to Spartanburg for a few days to watch the team myself.  

• Pie 5

4 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

For now until seeing them live at camp, I have no sense of the pecking order / depth chart behind CMC.

Top three or four right now are probably McCaffrey, Hubbard, Bonnafon, Cannon / Smith

(Brown and Clark are likely practice squad candidates or just camp fodder)

Far as I know, Cannon's the only one in the group who does returns. Bonnafon's durability is a bit of a question. 

• Pie 2

31 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Yeah I caught that in the interview.  Not sure what to make of it.  He didn't say ONLY left tackle or the left tackle spot was his.   Just that he would play LT.   He also called himself a jack of all trades  and they discussed his experience at other positions.  Just another data point I guess.

Yeah I went back and rewatched that part.   He talks earlier about how nothing is given and you have to earn but then says he will play left tackle.

"Do you feel like you go to camp as the front runner at left tackle?"

"Yes sir."

Game on.  If Cam wins this spot for the whole season, great for him, and we will have cut an incredible deal for a servicable LT.

He also talked about Darnold and fresh starts and I think he views this as his fresh start.

• Pie 6

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

Yeah I went back and rewatched that part.   He talks earlier about how nothing is given and you have to earn but then says he will play left tackle.

"Do you feel like you go to camp as the front runner at left tackle?"

"Yes sir."

Game on.  If Cam wins this spot for the whole season, great for him, and we will have cut an incredible deal for a servicable LT.

He also talked about Darnold and fresh starts and I think he views this as his fresh start.

Regardless of whether he ultimately wins the left tackle job or not, that's definitely the kind of attitude you want him to have.

• Pie 5

11 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

The “official” (I think it was nfl.com) depth chart said Chuba going into minicamp/training camp. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Panthers LT Cam Erving revealed RT Taylor Moton's nickname is "Franchise'' after Moton received the franchise tag. Will he get a new long-term deal or play under the tag? "I don't know what's going to have with the deal situation,'' Moton said. "Right now I'm focused on being the best Taylor Moton I can be on the field. They can call me what they want. Franchise is definitely a nickname I've got to get a little used to.''

b47444d5-87c2-4a3b-8ff7-c30176d0af52.png
  •  
  •  
  •  
icon-espn-e-@2x.png
  • Pie 1

What is the strict filming limitations for the media about? I hope it isn't because the team is wanting to release more of their own social media content. I get it but I could live without some of the overdone fluff they have been putting out.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

What is the strict filming limitations for the media about? I hope it isn't because the team is wanting to release more of their own social media content. I get it but I could live without some of the overdone fluff they have been putting out.

Then don't watch it?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

I think fluff is what you have to kind of expect from the team. They aren't going to put out stuff that is going to seed discord amongst the fans nor things that will give a lot away to opponents. 

Fluff should really be the expectation.

• Beer 3

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Its been going on around the league for years now.